Perdana v6 convert to manual or twin turbo

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello guys/gals. I've recently obtained a bad condition perdana v6 year 2000 from my sister few months back which is roughly at march 2011, it was so bad(You know how women take care of their ride), without hesitating. I've sent it to my mechanic but he told me to convert to TT halfcut so less headache in the future,but I thought it would be more expensive, so i just told him to do the major repairs such the bush for suspension, aircon compressor recon, the exhaust pipes bocor so had to get that replace as well, steering does not rotate back when you turn it, so the mechanic fixed some arm thing or what was not sure what it was.. car had no tint and made all the leather became rock hard, so i added covers and tints, white smoke always come out from the exhaust so had to do a full overhaul+ install a brand new ATF cooler.. The bill came up to RM7k, but than it car was in 100% satisfying condition, also pimped my ride abit with 17'inch low profile rims and a nice sound system :).

Ok now back to the topic, the main disease of the perdana v6 has attacked me, i thought i was a lucky one but still, the gearbox after 11 YEARS without a ATF cooler is starting to give problems(Massive jerk sometimes when it downshifts to gear 2 or 1) but quite minor for now until A week ago when i was reversing my car one day, i put it on R and it took 5 seconds to shift and alot of jerking when i put it back to D. But the next day it was perfectly fine until today, still smooth shifting.. so im not taking any chances so i need to get this fix quickly.

Im sick of auto for now cause i know the same problem will occur after few years even with the atf cooler so im going for manual, but all the dealers in mudah or anywhere else mark the price up too high because the demand for it is high, would rather add some money and get the TT but what im worried about is the maintenance of the TT cause im planning to use this car for quite long until i save up for my skyline :D. I've heard that there is some problems with the TT like the back turbo overheat, and you cant always rev it high like you can on a manual.. i dont like manja engines, im a hardcore driver, i hate to stop at the highway to let my engine cooldown, wanna maintain 200 all the way. So what do you guys recommend for me? evo 3 is out of my budget :(, mivec is not worth it's price and power. another problem is my budget is not high for TT, im planning to sell my v6 engine to get some extra cash if i convert to TT because it has just been full overhauled. So to all sifu's please give me your advice.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro, from my point of view, since u have spent rm7k to refurbish yr engine,
(althought that rm7k could get u a RVR manual halfcut), anyways, just get a recond autobox costs bout rm2k (include workmanship) install an ATF cooler....use ori toyota type 4 atf....Oo ya add a fan infront of your atf cooler for better cooling efficientcy.
could lasts u up to 2-3 years....then sell it off & get your skyline.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Opps, i meant 7k for the total car(overhaul, suspensions,aircon compressor,brakes, skim diskbreaks, lower arms, and many more.. not include customization). And i dont plan to sell this car at all lol(will pass it around the family). The engine was around 2k-2.5k with workmanship, I'm planning to sell the engine of around that price if im able to get a cheap TT halfcut, but i want your advice if for long term use, either TT or a manual gearbox convert which do you recommend and it's more worth it for the power.. dont want any auto PV6 gearbox anymore first of all their all weak ,and 2nd.. my right foot heavy :). I've heard the maintenance for TT is almost the same if it's tooken care properly, but if it's always being high rev, could it withstand it?

Last edited:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I suggest if you are on budget, just get the manual gearbox will do.. i have a fren thinking of selling it as he wants to convert to RVR turbo engine like mine...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Some rvr manual halfcuts are even cheaper if you can find.. there are actually 2 types of rvr halfcuts, one is with the intercooler mounted on top of the engine another is front mount intercooler... try to find the front mount intercooler if possible as you can save less trouble remaking the piping again.. and the intercooler it come with is rather bigger than the top mount.. if i'm not wrong look for Mitsubishi RVR Hyper Sports Gear version.. the one comes with front mount intercooler.. i got mine at around RM7k for this version...

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
But im more into cruising and enjoying the sound of 6 pistons, does RVR sounds good? And my mech told me it's gonna cost a higher sum to fit the RVR engine in because of the engine mouting modifications and that would blow my budget..

Any of you guys personally wants to sell any of their halfcuts ? I trust forumers slightly more compared to those in mudah :D

Last edited:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I got member want to sell his EVO engine on Perdana. His EVO done quite many upgrade but I not sure the detail if any1 intrested I can help to contact him.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
But im more into cruising and enjoying the sound of 6 pistons, does RVR sounds good? And my mech told me it's gonna cost a higher sum to fit the RVR engine in because of the engine mouting modifications and that would blow my budget..

Any of you guys personally wants to sell any of their halfcuts ? I trust forumers slightly more compared to those in mudah :D
if u like v6 sound then better find eterna TT engine......

rvr is still 4g63 engine like those evo with 4piston...only with different tuning

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
not much mods required to the mounting...cos yr using v6...if yr using sei should be minor mods required...RVR is like a downgraded version of evo1-3.
similar to airtrek turbo & evo 7.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
for conversion from v6 to rvr only need to modify the rear engine mounting.. the rest 3 fits perfectly..