Transplant 4AGE 20V

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Hi guys n BT sifu
just want to ask.....i want to transplant blacktop into my SE
I know there are few thread about this but there are few things that i want to know for survey:

1.Market price for the halfcut(5 speed & 6 speed)
2.Isit pnp into AE92?
3.What are the advantage & disadvantage of BT?
4.5 speed better or 6 speed better?
5.LSD or non LSD gearbox better?
6.Can pass PUSPAKOM?
7.How about the FC?
8.Any problems encountered after the transplant?
9.Sparepart availability?
10.Any good workshop around Perak?
11.Tips to choose good halfcut

Last edited:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Lanz - most of your questions have been discussed before...your lists of questions are too general...!

It would be best if you use the Search option...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
1. Market price (Klang Valley)
  • 5spd BT = RM 4500
  • 6spd BT = RM 5500

2. It's not PnP.. 3 engine mounting need modification.. front & back they juz use the halfcut chassis.. the timing belt side need a custom made piece of metal.. don't cut the mounting, else u'll got problem with PUSPAKOM.. u need to find mechanics that regularly do this transplant coz got issues to fit the dashboard..

3. Advantage of BT = light weight & POWERFULL!!!!
Disadvantage = not sure.. must ask sumbody else.. :biggrin:

4. 6spd is better coz it got close gear ratio.. & can eat VTEC for bfast.. hehe.. jgn marah yek :burnout:

5. LSD is better.. less understeer..

6. sure can pass one..

7. FC superb.. (i miss my BT:bawling::bawling:)

8. No problem.. just maintain it well..

9. Sparepart no problem la.. identify mechanics & shop that regularly deal with AE series at ur area..

10. If klang valley i can recommend a few workshop.. Perak, not sure... sorry

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Lanz - most of your questions have been discussed before...your lists of questions are too general...!

It would be best if you use the Search option...
I already did but that all old thread n i need few new info :biggrin:

• 5spd BT = RM 4500
  • 6spd BT = RM 5500
2. It's not PnP.. 3 engine mounting need modification.. front & back they juz use the halfcut chassis.. the timing belt side need a custom made piece of metal.. don't cut the mounting, else u'll got problem with PUSPAKOM.. u need to find mechanics that regularly do this transplant coz got issues to fit the dashboard..

3. Advantage of BT = light weight & POWERFULL!!!!
Disadvantage = not sure.. must ask sumbody else.. :biggrin:

4. 6spd is better coz it got close gear ratio.. & can eat VTEC for bfast.. hehe.. jgn marah yek :burnout:

5. LSD is better.. less understeer..

6. sure can pass one..

7. FC superb.. (i miss my BT:bawling::bawling:)

8. No problem.. just maintain it well..

9. Sparepart no problem la.. identify mechanics & shop that regularly deal with AE series at ur area..

10. If klang valley i can recommend a few workshop.. Perak, not sure... sorry
Wow...good info.:top:
Thanks for the info zul :proud:
Wah...5 speed & 6 speed diff RM1000:hmmmm:
Close gear ratio means need to quickly shift next gear rite?
What custom piece metal at the timing belt side?Do u have sample picture?
If LSD, got any problem or not and how abt the maintenance?
For now my 4AF stock engine can reach 180km/h at full press.
Wonder how much BT can go?

Anybody else want to share ur info & experience?

Last edited:

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
  • 5spd BT = RM 4500
  • 6spd BT = RM 5500
BT HALFCUT - depend what inside & how good you nego..
stock bt 5 gear - can get rm3500
stock bt 6 gear - can get rm4800-5200

if fully loaded..diffreant talk la...:driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I already did but that all old thread n i need few new info :biggrin:

Wow...good info.:top:
Thanks for the info zul :proud:
Wah...5 speed & 6 speed diff RM1000:hmmmm:
Close gear ratio means need to quickly shift next gear rite?
What custom piece metal at the timing belt side?Do u have sample picture?
If LSD, got any problem or not and how abt the maintenance?
For now my 4AF stock engine can reach 180km/h at full press.
Wonder how much BT can go?

Anybody else want to share ur info & experience?

close gear ratio meaning u finish faster in a 400meter race :biggrin: i can describe in technical terms but i think this info is enough for u... :rofl:

i can give u sample pictures but i have to find my old car 1st ... hehe :biggrin: dont worry about this.. juz tell ur mechanic about it & they'll know what to do..

LSD gearbox should be no prob.. get a quality trans oil & u'll be fine

BT can go 180kmh.. i think.. coz it have speed cuts.. change the ECU if u wanna go faster..

BT HALFCUT - depend what inside & how good you nego..
stock bt 5 gear - can get rm3500
stock bt 6 gear - can get rm4800-5200

if fully loaded..diffreant talk la...:driver:

ya lor.. my quote is the opening price.. the closing price still can nego.. hehe..

also got option if u dont want the rear disc, tank, etc, etc..

:driver:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
As I know, AE92 with 4AF stock engine requires NO engine mounting modification to fit 4AGE into it. Even with an EE90 chassis, it requires only 1 eng mounting mod which is at the timing belt side. I'm sorry but this is the first time I hear any front wheel AE/EE chassis requiring 3 mountings to be modified to fit a 4AGE.

d7zul, kindly enlighten us on the above matter as we don't want to mislead other forumers. Tks.

As for halfcut, it depends on how well you do your homework. Just a few days ago, I was informed of an 20v BT auto halfcut sold for rm2.8k at Setiawan. I believe if you go looking for chopshops around ipoh, you can easily find quite a number of them selling 20v halfcuts. Price is usually around RM3.5-4.5k (in ipoh) and its open to your negotiation skills or better if you have some insider contacts. Usually halfcut shops will offer lower price to mechanics...so you get the idea. If budget is really tight, you can opt for complete engine lantai as well. But make sure they shop provides warranty and check the engine thoroughly. Hint: You can get a 6spd engine lantai for less than rm4k if you know where to look.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
As I know, AE92 with 4AF stock engine requires NO engine mounting modification to fit 4AGE into it. Even with an EE90 chassis, it requires only 1 eng mounting mod which is at the timing belt side. I'm sorry but this is the first time I hear any front wheel AE/EE chassis requiring 3 mountings to be modified to fit a 4AGE.

d7zul, kindly enlighten us on the above matter as we don't want to mislead other forumers. Tks.

As for halfcut, it depends on how well you do your homework. Just a few days ago, I was informed of an 20v BT auto halfcut sold for rm2.8k at Setiawan. I believe if you go looking for chopshops around ipoh, you can easily find quite a number of them selling 20v halfcuts. Price is usually around RM3.5-4.5k (in ipoh) and its open to your negotiation skills or better if you have some insider contacts. Usually halfcut shops will offer lower price to mechanics...so you get the idea. If budget is really tight, you can opt for complete engine lantai as well. But make sure they shop provides warranty and check the engine thoroughly. Hint: You can get a 6spd engine lantai for less than rm4k if you know where to look.
ya lor.. only the timing belt mounting need some mod..

the other 2 juz use the halfcut's mounting :biggrin:

am i right? or the mechanic juz wanna slit my throat.. :mad:

juz some notes.. the mech that do my AE92 BT close shop already.. charge too high

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Actually the timing belt side still need to use the halfcut mounting, just for EE chassis need to drill extra holes (assuming using AE101/111 20v mounting) to bolt the mounting. As for gearbox side, can p&p and sometimes require modification on the gearbox mount plate especially if its a 6spd. The other two (front & rear) mounts can use back AE92 or from the halfcut depending on the condition... or change to brand new ones while at it.

d7zul, ur 2 door Levin is AE101 or EE101?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Actually the timing belt side still need to use the halfcut mounting, just for EE chassis need to drill extra holes (assuming using AE101/111 20v mounting) to bolt the mounting. As for gearbox side, can p&p and sometimes require modification on the gearbox mount plate especially if its a 6spd. The other two (front & rear) mounts can use back AE92 or from the halfcut depending on the condition... or change to brand new ones while at it.

d7zul, ur 2 door Levin is AE101 or EE101?
Mine is AE101.. 1.6L

:biggrin:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
bro d7zul, as I know ae101 convert to 4AGE or 4AGZE no need to change engine mounting at all...
Actually i dont quite understand... last time u were using AE92 sedan right? So u were saying ur foreman charged u for modification of 3 engine mounting for the 20v conversion? If yes, then its obviously u kena knife at the throat already...but too bad ur foreman lingkup already, else we can go convoy to his shop and ask him how to modify the eng mountings :P

So ur AE101 Levin is ori with 4AGZE, right? Cool!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
bro d7zul, as I know ae101 convert to 4AGE or 4AGZE no need to change engine mounting at all...
Actually i dont quite understand... last time u were using AE92 sedan right? So u were saying ur foreman charged u for modification of 3 engine mounting for the 20v conversion? If yes, then its obviously u kena knife at the throat already...but too bad ur foreman lingkup already, else we can go convoy to his shop and ask him how to modify the eng mountings :P

So ur AE101 Levin is ori with 4AGZE, right? Cool!
that's why i suspect sumthing's wrong with that wshop..

anyhow.. it's in d past now.. kira halal je la.. tak kaya pun dia.. hehehe :evil:

mine is ori 4AGE.. NA power.. hehe

i'm not a fan of force induction.. :biggrin:

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Wah...lots of info :top:
Thanks guys.
Keep it coming....

BT can go 180kmh.. i think.. coz it have speed cuts.. change the ECU if u wanna go faster
My stock 4AF can reach 180km/h.....i think BT should go up 200km/h:driver:

Just a few days ago, I was informed of an 20v BT auto halfcut sold for rm2.8k at Setiawan. I believe if you go looking for chopshops around ipoh, you can easily find quite a number of them selling 20v halfcuts.
Bro,r u from Sitiawan?
Any recomendation on ipoh chop shops?

---------- Post added 05-14-2011 at 12:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 05-13-2011 at 09:47 PM ----------

Anybody knows where the chop shop list thread that listed by state by state in this forum?
Just 2 days ago i browse the thread but today unable to find it.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Melaka and would like to know if there's any good mechanic or workshop in the area, preferably familiar with performance mods etc..

Thank you very much,
4throttles.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience