4AGE 16v , transplant blacktop

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
been using the stock 4AGE 16v in my AE86, strong engine, but showing signs of needing a rebuild now, whacked it nicely over thelast 2 years, planning to upgrade the engine.

looking at a few options, what engine should i go for that is drop in?

prefer to stick with NA and dont want to mod mountings.

Blacktop 20V or silvertop? direct bolt in?

any workshop in Klang, or KL/PJ area good with AE86?

Tomiya Takato

Known Member
May 29, 2009
Jalan Potholes.
Hope you dont mind tumpang topic :itsme:

I'm using a stock 4age 16v bluetop engine in my TE71 coupe aswell. Its a strong engine and showing signs of needing a rebuild (Blue/White smoke after accelerating. Piston rings and valve seals not that good cond i assume.)

I'm thinking of using an 16v ae92 smallport (kouki) head paired with a 20v svt block (since my mech said its plug and play) how would the result be ? Better than a stock 20v blacktop ? Since they said that 16v bottom end is much better compared to 20v with vvt ?

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
can share what internal part i can do for the 4AGE 16v? estimated cost?

why not a blacktop transplant? not direct fit ke?

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
if fit in 20v the first issue will be distributor and 2nd is the mounting. well, this can be solve if forman know how to relocate. but nowadays half cut 20v not cheap already. why not just rebuild it with forged internal, balancing, high cam and standalone ecu? cost not too sure. maybe around 15k?

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
poison.. poison..

wow. how much is that. any good builder to recoomend for 4AGE to install those?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

if fit in 20v the first issue will be distributor and 2nd is the mounting. well, this can be solve if forman know how to relocate. but nowadays half cut 20v not cheap already. why not just rebuild it with forged internal, balancing, high cam and standalone ecu? cost not too sure. maybe around 15k?
ok noted. no idea on blacktop halfcut also. will survey around.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
wow. how much is that. any good builder to recoomend for 4AGE to install those?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

ok noted. no idea on blacktop halfcut also. will survey around.

read this..

Spool Stroker Kits

if u wanna put blacktop on AE86, all u need is the engine, ECU & wiring..

gbox and other things can't use..

and lots of custom things to do..

read this too..

Club4AG - Tuned Toyota Automobile Enthusiasts

kl area got 1 good 4ag mechanic HAZ Garage at Kg Baru Salak Selatan

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hi guys,

I'd advice you guys to ensure whatever is done after your decision, ensure that the engine angle to the rear axle is straight and then straight to the rear axle head for maximum torque, maximum efficiency, maximum fuel economy, maximum power delivery. Don't screw up like me.

The torque is so important, you'll feel the cornering controls and grip so much better.

How to use adjustable Lateral Rod & Control Arms and more tits and bits everywhere need to sum to together.

Ask your mechanic what is your current setup angle? does he know? will he take into account when finish?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Memorial Day Weekend; it's a feast for speed freaks. At Indy, Dario Franchitti splashed his way to an emotional win in the 500. Down NASCAR way, Casey Mears won the Coca-Cola 600 under Charlotte lights. And before most people on the West Coast had awakened, McLaren's Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton obliterated the Formula 1 competition on the streets of Monaco, sweeping the top spots on the podium.

With all that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience