Speedometer with speed sensor 4AGE 16v

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
All sifus and gurus

I recently did an engine transplant to my Coralla SE EE90 (2E engine, 1.3cc, 12v, SOHC, running on Carb) with a 4AGE engine, 1.6cc, 16v, DOHC, runnig EFI halfcut. Suspected to be AE92.

The speedometer is not functioning and is in quite a bad shape, so is the dashboard. So I retain my EE90 dashboard and speedometer. Now the problem comes when the car cruises above 90km/h and the CE light comes up. According to a few very reliable source, the EE90 speedometer is missing a speed sensor that the AE92 has.

Is there any Toyota speedometer that has a speed sensor that can fit into my EE90 dashboard without much modification? Or is there a way to disable the speed sensor check so that the CE wont light up. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you :adore:

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
iceman,
Which gear box are you using? Ori EE90 or from AE92?
Ahh Sifu...

Hope I am not wasting your time on silly questions like this. But any advice would be great.

My gearbox is from the AE92. Errmm, how does the GB play a role in this situation? Thank you sifu:adore:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
If your error code is 42, just connect back the speed sensor (that located at the GB) to the ecu can do. Most of the wireman know how to handle this.

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
If your error code is 42, just connect back the speed sensor (that located at the GB) to the ecu can do. Most of the wireman know how to handle this.
Sifu,

I don't know what is the error code. Mechanic is the one who check for the error code and told me it is speed sensor issue and he says there is nothing he can do about it. Guess he is not too familiar with 4AGE. He's pro Nissan and Subaru I guess.

Do you have a workshop that I can visit to get this done? It's pretty annoying with the CE light goes on whenever I drive. Or maybe I can do it myself if the steps are not too complicated :)

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Puchong - Wai & Lin Motor (formerly known as KSMP Motor), Ah Wai 012-3390270
USJ1 - Ah Wah 019-2222662 (formerly one of the partner of KSMP Motor)
Sunway - D&D Performance (Mun Lee's branch), Frankie 012-3366500

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
Puchong - Wai & Lin Motor (formerly known as KSMP Motor), Ah Wai 012-3390270
USJ1 - Ah Wah 019-2222662 (formerly one of the partner of KSMP Motor)
Sunway - D&D Performance (Mun Lee's branch), Frankie 012-3366500
Thank you sifu!
All these workshop and contact person are friend of yours? Can I quote your name when I visit them? Probably going to the Puchong one since I stay in Puchong.

How about yourself? Do you have a workshop? Heard from a lot of forumers visited your workshop for ECU repair (if i am not mistaken)

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Yeah they are my friends. Feel free to quote my name (Wong that drive Levin AE101), they will attend 100% to your request :)
I have a lab at my house for rebuilt the ECU (workshop would be too big for me). I usually meet my customer at MD of cafe near my house.

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com
Thank you sifu for the contact. I'll call them up to get the exact location. Can PM your contact number? In case I can't tell them exactly what is wrong, probably I can call you and you can explain to them :P

We should go yum cha one day. My treat. :burnout: Get a few more people just to hang out and chit chat, blow water and etc. Hehe

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hmm guys since were talking bout speed sensors, i too have a question. i have a gze engine as i knw the original ae 101 works in the order speed sensor> speedometer>ecu is it possible if i make it Speed sensor>ecu as my speedo meter is mechanical type and is not compatible with the electronic speed meter. next question is can i buy a digital speed meter and tap straight from the speed meter? or must i tap it from the ecu?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi Scoupe,
- Speed sensor direct to ECU is Ok
- you may tap the signal direct from speed sensor

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

iceman,
just tell them: "Pls solve my error code 42 - speed sensor signal is missing" :biggrin:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
Thank you sifu for the contact. I'll call them up to get the exact location. Can PM your contact number? In case I can't tell them exactly what is wrong, probably I can call you and you can explain to them :P

We should go yum cha one day. My treat. :burnout: Get a few more people just to hang out and chit chat, blow water and etc. Hehe
hehe! let me know how it goes, i need to also go after that!:banghead:

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
thanks for the info, but i have another question.. what if i get a mechanical speed sensor from another car that fits. can i connect it to my ecu? with a mechanical one i can used back my current meter. so i actually would prefer that..:)