Transfering old number plate

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I've been using the same number plate for the last 3 cars & it's over 15 years old.
It's been my identity already. I really don't want to give it up.
What I got in mind is to change to a used car that's been registered in JPJ, Malaysia.
Used car to used car. 6 years registered to 4 years registered

Is there a possible way to do this?
Mostly says NO but some says that buying a new bike then this & that...
I don't need to know about the this & that. It all comes down to HOW MUCH for the whole process.
Buy & resell back the bike, paying the runners & vampires at JPJ.
All in is how much? Don't need receipts. Just need it to be documented, don't want problems in the future. Can anyone or knows anyone that can do this? Pls PM...

Keep in mind that I might keep the bike. Pls qoute the losses on the bike. I might upgrade for my maid. She uses it for groceries & markets. Also ta pow breakfast for me... hehe.

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
I've heard of the 'motorcycle way' before as well, kinda like register the old number to the bike and then transfer it again to the next car...not so sure abt the process but from what I heard its that the whole process aren't cheap...

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I've heard of the 'motorcycle way' before as well, kinda like register the old number to the bike and then transfer it again to the next car...not so sure abt the process but from what I heard its that the whole process aren't cheap...
What's advice is that I need to keep the number parked on a motorcycle until I purchase a new/recon car. This means that I would have to use the number that comes with the used car that I'm getting & my maid would be using the number instead of me. Haiz...

I'm ready to pay for the transfer. Not being cheap is okay but not too expensive. Reasonable la...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
A fren of mine recently did dat..Costs him rm1.8k, certain bike shops do this kinda thing..

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
A fren of mine recently did dat..Costs him rm1.8k, certain bike shops do this kinda thing..
Pls... pls... pls... Ask your friend & gimme the bike shop contact pls.
Err... Trade for me sis's phone number for that...:listen:
Honestly I don't have a sis la... wa kakakaka

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Batu Lanchang guy here... Only that I'm working in KL but I still go back on weekends.

My file in Penang. If really this is in Penang then it's much much better. Transferes in gonna be much faster.

Ok, i'll try to get the phone number and i'll pm u..

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
are u in kl? any runner at the jpj can carry out the transfer at a some amount of fee. u can anticipate a limit of RM2k AtoZ for the whole process.

vjmivecwira

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
uhm guys he wants to transfer from used car to used car.....as far as i know it can't be done.
motorbike way is to just hold number for as long as you want till you're ready to register on a new or unreg car.
please correct me if i'm wrong.
tks.

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
are u in kl? any runner at the jpj can carry out the transfer at a some amount of fee. u can anticipate a limit of RM2k AtoZ for the whole process.
Got a contact to a runner that can complete the whole process?
It got be the right way. Well documented... RM2k is my max budget.

When I mention that I don't need the receipt I mean the complete receipt that shows RM2k but some receipt(s) that shows the documentation. Just any receipt, even RM1.00 receipt. Anything that shows it's proper documentation would do.

From what I know there are some process that needs actual payment:
Inspection of all vehicles concern, retention & etc.

As far I came to know this is widely known as can't be done.
Again there are Vampires that's blood hungry in JPJ. Paying the Tok Bohom to jampi with RM2k is okay for me.

Anyone reading this & knows a powerful Tok Bomoh(runner) pls post up or PM.
I need this real bad...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Most Recon car sales co. (especially Luxury Recons) and bike shops (especially bigger cc bikes) will know how to do it.

U need to buy a new bike and transfer old car no. to the new bike.

The old car needs to be sent to Puspakom for inspection to make sure it belongs to you and is not stolen nor "sambung" BEFORE the no. can be transfered.

Last I checked (about a month ago) is will set me back RM1.5K.

Hope this helped.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
from what i know transfer can only with one old number swap with one new pre-registered number.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day,

I've been detailing plenty of Golfs and this Golf is one of the worse one i ever seen. Owner use to wash his car at the roadside but once he notice his car getting more swirls and he decided to send it to the detailing center. After he get everything done at the center he noticed more swirls appeared especially under the sun.

Obviously i can see he's mad about the previous job but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience