Car Ownership Transfering

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
My bro gave me and old car and the car is under his name. Im planning to do it myself to change the car owner name from his to mine.

Has anyone tried doing this by yourself? Mind share your experiance where and how should i start?
My friend told me just give to runner do it lah and no need to worried so much. Well since i have the interest & time to do it myself and i dun feel like paying extra..if not mistakan $100-200 extra for the whole process if assign to runner to do it.

Mind share some how to do deal with car insurance policy and JPJ side (how about Puspakom?). What are the things i should take note and steps. Possible 1 day to get everything settle?

Which insurance company offer the lowest price for 3rd party insurance? I tried to ask Ambank but they have stop offered such product starting this year 2008. (1991 Proton Saga 1.3cc Manual) Pay RM178.00 last year "Zero" NCD (2007) while under my bro's name. Any other insurance company can offered much lower than this or similiar?

Thanks

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
bring your car n registration card to the puspakom.

pay RM35 n q. U have 2 weeks to submit it to JPJ to make name transfer.

Go JPJ ask for name transfer form.

Verify your brother's IC. and your IC too.

Go JPJ, buy stamp RM100 which cost u RM103.

Take your number n q again.

Tada....its done.

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
thats easy?? how about Insurance?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
thats easy?? how about Insurance?
insurance just approach any insurance company said you wanna get insurance for this car. They don't check your registration (basically they dun care you have car (with registration card) or not.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
rm100 to buy wang pos for transfer
rm30 for puspakom VR1
insurance nowaday dont accept 3rd party, unless 3rd party plus easy rider (rm88) extra so in total is rm142 plus rm88 plus 100 plus 30.

if u want runner....rm150 extra for transfer and rm120 extra for inspection.

hope this help....

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
End up i use a runner to help me
RM300 for runner
RM30 for Puspakom inspection ( i bring myself to there)
RM30 for Insurance Policy ownership change
Total only RM360...i think ok la..one day they can get everything done (JPJ & insurance).
the puspakom very easy, fill in the form and pay RM30..go & wait before they open around 8AM.. the whole inspection was less than 30mins..

The only thing they check is engine number, chassis number and check is it half cut car..thats all!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.
My ride is a wira SE (manual). I notice that my steering wheel vibrates quite alot when idling. The dashboard all ok..nvr vibrate..only the steering vibrates quite a lot. I have changed my front and rear bush to superpro. Even the steering rack bush is superpro. I actually chamged it hoping it will solve the problem but it didnt. What could possibly be the cause of this vibration?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience