Volkswagen Golf MK5 GTI: First Time Restore A Whacked Golf

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good day,

I've been detailing plenty of Golfs and this Golf is one of the worse one i ever seen. Owner use to wash his car at the roadside but once he notice his car getting more swirls and he decided to send it to the detailing center. After he get everything done at the center he noticed more swirls appeared especially under the sun.

Obviously i can see he's mad about the previous job but i told him i will restore for him. This Golf really did gave me a hard time to remove all the swirls, the swirls i mean is a really deep one. The 1st time i compound the car with M105 via rotary using speed 3, the swirls still appear under my halogen. And then i give it a few more passes, almost 3-4 passes the swirls started to disappear. I know this is tough for me to correct a paint like this, ya.. whacked up one. I gave him a call to tell him your car need 2days to get it done properly. After he agreed, serious surgery begins..

before it begins, here are the pictures upon arrival

holograms

more

front grill took out

waterspot

dirt

and more inside

cleaning begins at the wheels 1st then rubbers cleaned with OPC 1:4, body washed with ONR, decontaminant with PermaGlass and ONR as lube. After done washing and cleaning, the rubbers, emblem are all masked with ACE Premium tape.

after

Inspection begins..

this is what i trying to tell, deep swirls

rear bonnet

C pillar

The surface was first compounded with M105 3-4 passes via rotary, compound marring was removed with M205 via rotary, finish off with OHP via Flex. The job were extremely dusty due to the dust from M105. The swirls from the body are completely removed except some deep RIDS.

hood before

50/50

top before

after

special tool 3"

after

before

after

C pillar before

50/50

corrected side

I spent the night with this car till 11pm and i decided to take a nap. The next morning the car was finished with Flex to remove all holograms and then protected with Opti-Seal & OCW all around. Once again, credits goes to Seech for lending me his power tool.

final inspection..

hood all good

Some finishing shots, enjoy!

front grill cleaned and protected with OLP

same

Thanks for reading.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Nice job!!! Love the 50/50.

When u free to do my car? :-)

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
lol seech become a joker edi!

mun, i duno wad to say about this post. its just tooo perfect!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
The previous detailer...... deserves to be drag out into the open, tied to a pole and face the firing squad......

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice job!!! Love the 50/50.

When u free to do my car? :-)
call me anytime when you are ready :driver:

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

lol seech become a joker edi!

mun, i duno wad to say about this post. its just tooo perfect!
not perfect yet laa but thanks :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

The previous detailer...... deserves to be drag out into the open, tied to a pole and face the firing squad......
yeah but cannot blame them also la. your headlamp doing very good! :top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

eh guys, can we actually just put the roadsticker paper on the windscreen without having to peeling the sticker off and sticking it to the windscreen? i just got my roadtax today and i'm getting tired of removing those older sticky roadtax sticker on my windscreen.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience