SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
aiks!
how come her website all down 1?
:(
she got alot of pics inside and alot of her photoshots and friend pics family pics if i can remember

:(
didnt know she is so famous now!
but 1 thing.. she is getting prettier!

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by si|verfish@Mar 11 2005, 09:39
Ok, got my copy yesterday night.

A few issues I need to get off my shoulders. Delima, hope you're reading.

1) I want to shoot the person responsible for choosing the fonts. Red fonts on a dark background may look cool on your monitor but it sure as hell do not when it is on glossy pages. Bloody hell was it difficult to read. This was especially irritating when the pages affected are the ones with the exquisite Ms. Hannah Tan on them.

2) The English is STILL appalling. I don't want to sound like a broken record so I'll just point out the thing I can't stand most. The misuse of words and phrases. It is really bad.

Just to balance out the criticism, here's some positive remarks. The content overall is nice, lots of different cars and photos, still a bit lacking in detail though.
silverfish,

I have to agree with you about the English. It IS appalling. I buy Traffic for the design and photography. Photography is top-class and is definitely head and shoulders above the rest out there in the market. Kudos to the art director and photographer. I don't bother to read much because it irritates me. Traffic needs better writers. If I wanted good write-ups and articles, I read Torque, Autocar or Cars.my. Not even HyperTune has that level of English proficiency. It's sad.

Don't get me wrong, I love Traffic but it can be more than magazine with just pretty pictures.

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
Totally agree with the local mag's lack of english proficiency.. It is.. disgraceful, can't imagine some westerner picking up our mags getting impressed by the local car mod community only to discover the incompetency of local writers. If anyone has this month's hypertune, check out the reader's letter section, I'm not sure whether is it the job of a copywriter to correct grammar and vocab mistakes made by the readers but it is definitely amusing. Also, inaccuracy of answering technical questions could squander the credibility of the mag ( for example the writeup about some hankook tyres) Pls PLSSSS spend some money hire a professional copywriter or some sort.. THe local car mags have been improving significantly over the past yrs and I still see some lack of attention to details.

Btw, my gfren is a copywriter in an ad agency. Guess she wouldn't mind free lancing for u guys. Call me @ 012-2131839. Hahahaha..

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
I think TRAFFIC and HYPERTUNE should pay us for our valuable end user FEEDBACK! TAKE NOTE!!

Hypertune = good contents
Traffic = Who is ur photographer and graphic ppls?? I might wanna take some lessons

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
We have gone WAAAYYYY out of topic, hehehe.

I guess it's my fault because I started it.

Let's go back to discussing about the mag, shall we?

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
Originally posted by si|verfish@Mar 11 2005, 09:39
Ok, got my copy yesterday night.

A few issues I need to get off my shoulders. Delima, hope you're reading.

1) I want to shoot the person responsible for choosing the fonts. Red fonts on a dark background may look cool on your monitor but it sure as hell do not when it is on glossy pages. Bloody hell was it difficult to read. This was especially irritating when the pages affected are the ones with the exquisite Ms. Hannah Tan on them.

2) The English is STILL appalling. I don't want to sound like a broken record so I'll just point out the thing I can't stand most. The misuse of words and phrases. It is really bad.

Just to balance out the criticism, here's some positive remarks. The content overall is nice, lots of different cars and photos, still a bit lacking in detail though.
Heya ikanperak,

sorry i was "absent" yesterday as my aunt pass away yesterday from late detection of colon cancer and was assigned 'funeral duty'...

anyway, yes i am reading the comments from you and very much appreciated it. Thanks.

1) You can shoot me on the Hannah's :lol: and it was purposedly made to provoked.
heheh besides, you'll have a hard time reading it with hannah smiling here and there. An experiment nevertheless... Let you know when i have the adequate amount of results to justify the experiment.

2) Yes, i have to agree with you on this myself. I think they are not writers but born and trained designers, therefore read number one again heheh

oh yeah...and about hannah...she's 25, a chinese sarawakian kelabit, grew up in penang and lives in KL now. Somewhere near bangsar (it'll be wise not to let you know of the address now ain't it?)

oh yeah...pictures. Hold on ya... :P

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
Originally posted by endless551@Mar 11 2005, 11:44
Totally agree with the local mag's lack of english proficiency.. It is.. disgraceful, can't imagine some westerner picking up our mags getting impressed by the local car mod community only to discover the incompetency of local writers. If anyone has this month's hypertune, check out the reader's letter section, I'm not sure whether is it the job of a copywriter to correct grammar and vocab mistakes made by the readers but it is definitely amusing. Also, inaccuracy of answering technical questions could squander the credibility of the mag ( for example the writeup about some hankook tyres) Pls PLSSSS spend some money hire a professional copywriter or some sort.. THe local car mags have been improving significantly over the past yrs and I still see some lack of attention to details.

Btw, my gfren is a copywriter in an ad agency. Guess she wouldn't mind free lancing for u guys. Call me @ 012-2131839. Hahahaha..
hey...what's her rates like? heheh

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by delimaputih+Mar 11 2005, 13:20 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (delimaputih @ Mar 11 2005, 13:20 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-endless551@Mar 11 2005, 11:44

hey...what's her rates like? heheh [/b][/quote]
I dunno man... u got to discuss with her.. She has done some free lance jobs for friends setting up website.. comp profiles or so.. Think she charged by per page basis. If really interested give me a call.. My 'england' also cannot fight hers larrrrr..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I'll do it for free if you don't mind. I just want some special "extras" every now and then

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Originally posted by si|verfish@Mar 11 2005, 13:29
I'll do it for free if you don't mind. I just want some special "extras" every now and then
"Extra" in getting close to Hannah?? :lol:

delima, i suppose the red over black booboo is not really that bad considering "every male Traffic reader" really wanted the pictures spread on HT than to "read" . sorry guys but come on, be honest:D

BTW what is there to read about HT when so many "experts" here :lol: for comments of her eyes, built, size, beauty, etc

Oh, if i every have a secret project car, can i have Hannah Tan ?
with her as an exclusive picture spread? heheh :rolleyes: :P :P :D

damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
autocrazee Interior and Cockpit 0
Tom Car Talk 36
mADmAN Car Talk 10
Supra_Fanatics Car Talk 90
M Car Talk 69
YYC Car Talk 157
D News and Features 9
D News and Features 1
Jay News and Features 0
A Honda 30
K Hiring Now 5
D News and Features 1
Tom News and Features 3
K News and Features 75
K News and Features 11
R General Talk 63
F Exterior and Body 10
corona_ice Car Talk 16
SDF General Talk 8
L General Talk 9

The Marketplace Latest

The Marketplace Top Posts

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All The Sifu, Bro Or Sis Please Teach A Newbie Me How To Upgrade My ( Toyota Innova ) Performance. Thanks A lot

Or Can you guys recommended me where i can get some performance part to upgrade my car hp

If upgrade Spark Plug Which Brand Spark Plug IS Better ?

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience