Toyota Camry : Floor Mats cause Auto Acceleration !

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Believe it ! Toyota USA plans to recall 55,000 all-weather floor mats that have been blamed for unintended acceleration in 40 complaint reports collected by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Owners who filed complaints reported their floor mats, which should normally be secured by clips, had become stuck under the acceleration pedal. Toyota, however, has said that in some cases these all-weather mats were merely placed on top of the standard floor mats, rather than being secured with their clips. Regardless, the sticking floor mats have led to eight crashes and 12 injuries.

Though only affecting floor mats sold with the Lexus ES 350 and 2007/08 Toyota Camry, the NHTSA is also warning Toyota Prius, Avalon, RAV4 and Tacoma owners to check and make sure their floor mats are properly secured. The potential for an accident to occur is much greater in the Lexus ES 350, however, because it's equipped with a push-button ignition so that the engine cannot simply be turned off by a key if an owner experiences unintended acceleration.

Toyota will notify owners of the affected vehicles in October and replace the floormats in November. If you own a Toyota or Lexus and opted for the all-weather floor mats, check to make sure they're secure before your next drive.

Source:
Toyota recalls 55,000 floor mats - Detroit Free Press
Toyota Recalls Floor Mats, NHTSA Warns Prius Owners - ConsumerAffairs.Com

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
Oh ok... Lucky...................

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
i dont think so
since its toyota USA
...not sure, since M'sia dun hv a similar regulatory body as of NHTSA in USA. Furthermore where is the origin of this all-weather floor mats (China, US, M'sia & etc?) & does it supplied & used in M'sia models ? No body know since there isn't NHTSA-similar in M'sia, yet kononnya already more than 2 decades in auto industry ! What a sigh!

May 14, 2006
lol tat day i saw a camry (model previous 2 d current '07 model)...driver stopped car in front of gate 2 open d gate...driver GOT OUT of d car (no one else in car)...d car was fully static then...BANG...it hit the gate...it jerked like as though u suddenly terlepas ur clutch on 1st gear...luckily he was not between d car n d gate...if not...!!!...then l8r he went back in2 d car 2 check wats goin on...n i......cudnt b bothered n kept on lepaking nearby... :)

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
lol tat day i saw a camry (model previous 2 d current '07 model)...driver stopped car in front of gate 2 open d gate...driver GOT OUT of d car (no one else in car)...d car was fully static then...BANG...it hit the gate...it jerked like as though u suddenly terlepas ur clutch on 1st gear...luckily he was not between d car n d gate...if not...!!!...then l8r he went back in2 d car 2 check wats goin on...n i......cudnt b bothered n kept on lepaking nearby... :)
...crazy driver, still dun b bother, in future hehehe...then only he realise....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...just wana clarify somethg here...if we r involved in an accident...not our fault but the other party doesnt want to pay for the damages and dare us to make a report...minor collision ... can fix with few hundred bucks...so we went to make a report lor BUT tat asshole didnt report...is it true that we cant claim their insurance? heard this from the callman....well if this is the case...then fcuking unfair la to the innocent party ? pdrm can only issue a summon to them or blacklist...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience