Toyota 86's First Impression Video - Chris Harris drove it like he stole it!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
<iframe width="335" height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/romf-G6CZ7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With the latest of affordable rear wheel drive Jap cars coming to Malaysia, here is something to welcome both the Toyota 86 and Subaru's BRZ. This quick 20 minute short test drive by Chris Harris pretty much sums up the Toyota 86 in the angle of performance. Since he was only allowed to have the 86 for that short of a time, Chris pretty much drove the **** out of it and needless to say we liked it.

Bigger:

The Toyota FT-86, GT-86, Scion FRS - Chris Harris On Cars - YouTube

In a way, this video review brought out the true character of the virgin 86 where hardcore owners would appreciate. A transmission that shifts beautifully, the fantastic sound it makes through the NA 2 litre boxer-4 and above all, the AE86 DNA that still lingers in this new Toyobaru baby.

Not that any of us know how it'll actually drive or feel, yet. But in Chris Harris is so overly psyched over a car, and a Toyota at that, it leaves very little doubt to think otherwise.

The good news is Toyota has announced that they will be making a Malaysian debut of the 86 very-early in June 2012, and Subaru's BRZ to follow suit, we simply can't wait to get our hands on it!

More Videos:

Twin Drift - The 86 and BRZ

New86 Twin Drift

Subaru's BRZ Commercial

Subaru BRZ STi 1st Commercial 2012 Coupe Offical 2012 FT 86 - Carjam Radio 2011 - YouTube

Attachments

prince of speed

Known Member
Apr 1, 2006
Till this moment, The BEST automotive review is still BEST MOTORING, car was pushed and tuned to the limit. I imagining how would Tsuchiya drive this bugger on racing track and compare it with others car in the same segment. Miss that show really bad.

P/s: All this going Green shit thing is killing the joy of petrol head. No more "Kepish...Kepish sound squawking and car look like a small kid toy rather than BEAST that need to be tame.:sleep:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Till this moment, The BEST automotive review is still BEST MOTORING, car was pushed and tuned to the limit. I imagining how would Tsuchiya drive this bugger on racing track and compare it with others car in the same segment. Miss that show really bad.

P/s: All this going Green shit thing is killing the joy of petrol head. No more "Kepish...Kepish sound squawking and car look like a small kid toy rather than BEAST that need to be tame.:sleep:
I second that.. Hybrids have no soul. True petrolheads enjoy the sound of blow-off valve or high-revving NA engine :driver:, not a whining electric motor. On the other hand, UMW Toyota has put the pricing on the FT86 at more than RM250k, which is ridiculous I think..

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I really hope they do come out with a more powerful version like a TRD or STi upgrade of some sort.

Beautiful car, beautiful handling, but feels abit underpowered when compared to 2 litre NA cars in its class like the Civic and Integra Type Rs. The chassis has so much potential.

Engine bay is pretty compact then trying to fit a turbocharger looks challenging even if the factory ever dicide to build a turbocharged version. It seems the only way is to install the turbo in a remote position.

If only they could shoe horn in a 3.5V6 supercharger like the ones powering the Evora or better still a Lexus ISF V8. It's gonna be one 370Z slayer.

I also do wish they have a TC and VSC off option where turning off mean really off if there was such an option (don't listen to what the motoring press have said so far).

Anyway it's free to talk and share my opinions but its coming back down to reality, doubt i'll ever get one of these cute babies in my life time.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
I really hope they do come out with a more powerful version like a TRD or STi upgrade of some sort.

Beautiful car, beautiful handling, but feels abit underpowered when compared to 2 litre NA cars in its class like the Civic and Integra Type Rs. The chassis has so much potential.

Engine bay is pretty compact then trying to fit a turbocharger looks challenging even if the factory ever dicide to build a turbocharged version. It seems the only way is to install the turbo in a remote position.

If only they could shoe horn in a 3.5V6 supercharger like the ones powering the Evora or better still a Lexus ISF V8. It's gonna be one 370Z slayer.

I also do wish they have a TC and VSC off option where turning off mean really off if there was such an option (don't listen to what the motoring press have said so far).

Anyway it's free to talk and share my opinions but its coming back down to reality, doubt i'll ever get one of these cute babies in my life time.
toyota is supposed to be making a trd, supercharged version
subaru will be making an sti version, NA, but rumoured to be near 300 hp

apparently everything has been so optimised there isnt any space to mount a turbo/intercooler/etc.etc. according to subaru

manabu orido's 86 if im not mistaken will be running a v8 hehe

what the OTR price?
around 250k

we want force induction!!
subaru gonna have awd turboed version, but only for GT300 series not for road use

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

current turbine is light pressure turbo and need to be change soon.. any suggestion for bigger turbine? that suit with the engine and doesnt need lots of mod..thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience