to turbo or not

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
hi members, just an inquiry.....maybe got discussed before but cannot find the thread........

ok i want to change my engine for more power....my current ride using 4G15 injection on wira 2004 dec model...mileage reach 117,000++.....engine still good condition no oil consumption/problems.........

iam seriously thinking of converting to 1.8gsr turbo but some opinions by friends are stopping me, they say since i clock high mileage and the car will be my daily workhorse its going to be troublesome with a turbo charged car and they say the car will not be as reliable as now....

so pls advise me if i shd upgrade to n/a engine or turbo.....my purpose is to get more power but the engine shd be reliable.....its not a weekend car or for racing purposes but going to be used daily for work and lots of highwaying & outstations regularly.........

so what engine is suitable & n/a or turbo ??? tks a lot guys.....!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
no highrevs, no racing, jz enough for daily drive and long distances...
no need turbo lah... 4g93t nowadays aint cheap...

mayb jz get the 4g93 NA version good enough.... or u want a smooth engine for outstation and highway drive, get a 6a10 (its a 1.6L v6 engine from mitsibushi)....

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
waaa....6a10???no lar.to big n heavy.weight distribution went off the chart.:)
for daily use w/o modifying it,4g93t should be no problem.all engine r made
to withstand certain level of durability.just check the oil every5k km should
be enough.this engine is quite reliable.

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
4G93 N/A is better...4G93T is quite expensive bcoz a lot of ppl go for it as it can be endorsed easier due to being 1.8cc...
You can get 4G93 N/A complete with d/board around 3k only...

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
waaa....6a10???no lar.to big n heavy.weight distribution went off the chart.:)
for daily use w/o modifying it,4g93t should be no problem.all engine r made
to withstand certain level of durability.just check the oil every5k km should
be enough.this engine is quite reliable.
yeah.. i kinda agree with gt_auto coz im using gsr as well(in stock condition) with standard modifications such as aftermarkets air filters,bov,exhaust n etc.

the engine is good for daily used as i travel back to melaka every weekend.( fc frm kl-ayer keroh rm25)

gsr is a gd engine for gila bunyi kepissssh... haha

just my 2 cent.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
4g93 Mivec will be superb...hahahahaha....
Just like the dilema I am having before...hohohohohoho...

Dun think too much just go for what u really what..
93T is very good but have 2 version...
Try to drive.. u will luv ur car very much especially the G-force..
find the 210bhp one that have evo intercooler...
Infact I have plan to put 67Turbo for my wira liao...
Good Luck...

zero2hundred

1,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
earth
sumbody said turbo more xpensive in terms on maintenance la,sumbody wud said n/a cheaper,for me reliability is always there if u maintain the car on time no matter turbo or n/a as long as u dun mod the engine like a madness track car lidat shud be okay...and control ur foots..hehe...my frens gsr fulltank able to reach 480km for daily driving,think nobody wud belif it...but its true...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
TS said he want something easier to maintain and good for long distance mah... he didnt say want any performance ride or racing purposes also... keep the budget reasonable and choose an NA engine lo....

yes, turbo engines wont take much to maintain as well if it is used at as stock basis... but still, parts such as turbine, bov, wastegate, intercooler and so on do need servicing rite... if NA, dont need to bother about it lo...

besides, during long distance drive, if u tend to boost often, it will kill ur fuel consumption... why not settle for something reasonable and within budget if he isnt going for any performance engine??...

at least, leave those GSRs for those who really wants it....

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
ok bros..... tks a lor for the advice & tips.....jz was wondering....when i am converting other than the engine & related parts wat else do i need to change....i am not interested to change the dashboard so do i really need a halfcut or can i jz buy the engine+parts ???

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Most probably you need to do an overhaul of the engine which adds to the costs.

Btw, if you have the thirst for the turbo, better go for it, later you pasang N/A, you got the power, but you don't have the blow off sound still tak puas... dilemma tuh!

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Most probably you need to do an overhaul of the engine which adds to the costs.

Btw, if you have the thirst for the turbo, better go for it, later you pasang N/A, you got the power, but you don't have the blow off sound still tak puas... dilemma tuh!
Totally agreed...
Once u mod liao cant satisfied then need to trow money for another mod.. pocket koyak man...:biggrin:

Last edited:

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Totally agreed...
Once u mod liao cant satisfied then need to trow money for another mod.. pocket koyak man...:biggrin:
Hehe... Maybe he just wanna drive stock turbo condition only, like me...:biggrin:

zero2hundred

1,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
earth
simon,can....u can buy an engine lantai completed wif gb,ecu and wirings..the rest can be done without changing the dashboard..and yea u haftu to know what u really wants actually..a turbo or an n/a...if u tend to play only n/a den its ok, not until u got tempted when hearing others bov sound,now u haftu spend another cost for turbo pulakz...what u did is wasted rite..!! hmm...actually i/c,bov,wastegate and so on wouldnt need to maintain it...its self interested which chosen by urself whether u wanna use aftermarkets wan or stock..and as for turbine..erm...u need to repair it if u see any oil leakage on it only unless u wanna mod it, its like spend one time in a million yrs only if u like to maintain a stock condition is very easy...afterall....to boost or not to boost...depends on how heavy ur foots lerr....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey everyone...i need some guide on buying tired for my car..my car currently uses silverstone 15 inches radial type tires...the front tires are wearing out...need to change them..my budget is around rm300 to rm350..help needed guys..i want performance tyres..radial type kinda sucks..what type is suitable? apart from radial type? :sad_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience