help needed! i need guide to buying tires

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hey everyone...i need some guide on buying tired for my car..my car currently uses silverstone 15 inches radial type tires...the front tires are wearing out...need to change them..my budget is around rm300 to rm350..help needed guys..i want performance tyres..radial type kinda sucks..what type is suitable? apart from radial type? :sad_smile:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
RM 300 - 350 per tire or all 4 tires? If all 4 tires + performance = NO WAY!

NISMO

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
NISSAN CITY
if your front tyres already wear out try to rotate them, it can last for some times more befor you replace all four. That is recommended

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oic..but how bout i replace the front ones only? rm300 to rm350 for 2 tyres enough o not? performance tires are the ones i want.

leftfoot

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
high performance tyres will set u back at least 240-250 per tyre. that is for 15inches. i'm referring to yokohama avs sport and the pirelli dragon. those are high performance tyres and are really grippy. especially in wet. the difference in the two are that yokohama is abit soft while pirelli is harder. both last quite the same as the yokohama is a bit thicker.

if ur budget is 300-350, the most u would get is buying an economical tyre. i would suggest u follow NISMO's advice, to switch them first. Then save a few hundred RM's for those high performance ones

good luck!.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oic...tyre with v-groove good o not? o just simple pattern? can mix radial type at the back and v-groove type in front? will it affect driving? how do you define performance tyres? falken azenis good?

leftfoot

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
azenis? assymetrical or the ST115? both are performance tyre, i think u mean the st115. do a read up. google it. for me its good enough to give u dry and wet grip. what about the price? is it in your price range?

as for mixing tyres. temporarily is ok. but for long term its not recommended. especially under wet braking conditions.

Last edited:

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ic...yeah it is the st115..the type usually used by car modding dudes...erm, what do u mean? if wanna change better change the whole sets izit? for ur info the rear tyres are new..still can see the whiskers...cos i found out that radial type kinda sucks...hehe..so tot might give v-groove type a try..what do u recommend?

leftfoot

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
i think ur ok mixing them as long as their new. but dont think its the best setup. coz its not. if u have $$$ sometime later. go change all to the same type. u can keep the old ones spare. me also mixing front and rear different!. hehe just dont have the $$$ yet. hey how much is that st115 for 15inch?. ur using 15inches right? i assume 195/50. all i have in mind is the yoko avs sport. or he pirelli dragon. havent thout of falken..

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oic..hehe..erm, i'm using 13 inches tyres...not 15 inches..quite a problem to find 13 inches tyres in this city..and i don't want to keep using silverstone ones...the mech said the tyres cannot last one..is it true? sorry man i dunno how much for the falken 15 inches..exact price i don't know...but around 200+ and above if my memory serves me well..

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
oic..hehe..erm, i'm using 13 inches tyres...not 15 inches..quite a problem to find 13 inches tyres in this city..and i don't want to keep using silverstone ones...the mech said the tyres cannot last one..is it true? sorry man i dunno how much for the falken 15 inches..exact price i don't know...but around 200+ and above if my memory serves me well..
yep you're right.. damn hard to find good 13" tire here. me also same, everytime pening dunno what to do when my tire worn out.

basically i have 4 choice:
1. get the silverstone
2. stick with sumitomo but have to force them to import some from singapore (they got office there, maybe they got some stock), or import kumho.
3. buy race compound tire at rm600/tire
4. change to 14" rim.

sigh~

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ic...hey rollakid looks like we're in the same boat but u have a better case than mine..for instance...second parts for KE70 easier 2 find, u can tukar the rim and can get new tayar with it, and ur rims doesn't have 3 holes? mine has 3 holes man! wanna tukar rim oso cannot u know..haiz.. :(

eric_ho20

Known Member
Nov 23, 2004
Ipoh
bro , borrow ur thread k . hehe !! i wanna ask how much dis tire cost 225/55 im running on 16" rim . thanks !! any brand also can ... i juz wanna know da price only . thanks ...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
ic...hey rollakid looks like we're in the same boat but u have a better case than mine..for instance...second parts for KE70 easier 2 find, u can tukar the rim and can get new tayar with it, and ur rims doesn't have 3 holes? mine has 3 holes man! wanna tukar rim oso cannot u know..haiz.. :(
change your whole suspension system to fit 4 lug wheel as well lor..

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
i suppose ur driving tiara than........
either u change the whole bloddy system like what rolla recommended; or u change the whole car.....

but why do u need performance tyre??.........ur into speeding??
kch no need to speed one wor.......drive slow and easy enuf ler....

Silverstone is ok tyre d; just that alot have problems whereby it would gives u the tyre sound after a while.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How do I dismantle the 3rd brake light and replace the bulb?

I've tried to took out both 'nut's beside and I still couldn't take the cover of the 3rd brake light out.
it's like stuck there, I try to pry open the cover, but it's still like intact very firm. Dare not to pry too hard also.

Pls advice!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience