To all Fairlady Z Owner - 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, Z31, Z32, 350Z

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Hi everybody,

I am new member here. I am suggesting to all Z Car owners to have an annual gathering like oversea Z Car Club. Maybe we have a gathering in Genting ke, Cherating ke, Kuantan ke, Port Dickson ke or anywhere la...

I saw there are many Z Cars around. BTW, I am using 280ZX red and white stripe.

How many old skool Z cars member in this forum?

shawn55

Known Member
Aug 5, 2006
hi bro, just hang around here...just wanna ask all taiko 350Z how many litte petrol full tank ? and how the fuel consumption ? just ask...coz planing to buy it...so have to kira all price...he he...thanks for all sifu /taiko..cheers

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
HI bro,

What I know 350Z is quite thirsty car. Imagine 3.5 litre with V6 layout, hmmmm... say 6km/liter the best, I guess depending on your right foot.

BTW, by owning a sport car, petrol usage should not be the determining factor. To me if you still thinking of petrol cost then I suggest dont buy any. Sport car= fun factor, image, attention, speed, ego. If petrol is your consideration, even you can afford to buy one new, i think you should buy sport saloon, some of it you've got another 2 extra doors.

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Hi bro,

3500cc, V6 configuration fuel consumption sure high one. I guess in the range 5-6km/lit.

BTW, fuel consumption shud not be the determining factor to own sport car. Sport car = image, ego,fast, speeding, fun, thirsty, tight space...

If you worry bout fuel consumption, just buy sport saloon, you even get 2 extra door some more.

shawn55

Known Member
Aug 5, 2006
Thanks pocong bro , actually i`m driving toyota altezza with 1j-gte. hm...350Z really thirsty car .it look nice after fixing bodykit...i`m don know how the power and feeling , i`m driving my car is not bad...may be 350Z will more comfortable than my car...he he

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
My friend drove it one time, he said, not so fast compared with his 550hp EVO9. According to him, 350Z anti-slip too sensitive, kicked out too early, kill the fun. Me, never tried before.

shawn55

Known Member
Aug 5, 2006
o...ok...may be to different compare with 550HP evo..ha ha...hm...will it hard to drive big hose power car ?he he

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Bro, that one is my friend judgement. However 350Z was rated 4 or 4.5 star by Jeremy Clarkson in Topgear. There must be something special with 350Z. It is not easy to get praised by JC ya know.

I believe 350Z in standard form is quite soft compared with what we saw in Fast and Furious movie or even tuned version. BTW, the same engine is used in new GTR with bigger displacement 3.8cc.

That car and engine is awesome. My friend might be correct as what he tested was on the road version. Imagine you sliding on the road!!! Not practical.

Me, I fall in love with antics, so no 350Z for me. I love to own 240/260/280Z to add into my current 280zx.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
looking forward to join Malaysia Z Car Gathering hehehe

but not so soon my car is still in operating theatre undergoing heart transplant!

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
a FULL tank of petrol (about 76L) can give me 400+km and sometimes 500+km IF i drive on a constant speed.. it can take me from KL to PG and arrive in PG with a quarter petrol left

btw, how can a 350Z compare to an evo.. it's a NA car for godsake and a stock standard Z is only 280bhp!

convict

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Mid Valley
well say, nicole.

thezed

Aug 18, 2008
A full tank of my Z when filling upon the warning light starts, is about RM165 at current fuel price. So, town driving would give me on the average of 500km and as for long distance would be around 580km. The fuel consumption is not as bad as people would imagine for a 3.5 cc GT car like this. If you fill in full tank from KL to JB will leave you another half tank upon reaching JB on average speed of 170kmh.

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Hmmm... for RM 165 full tank, 350Z is getting 500 to 580km distance? Almost like my 280ZX with RB20 consumption. That mean my 2 lit is thirstier. How come?

Never mind la. The fun and attention I get from my antic is worth more. Shawn, your Altezza still can not compare with Fairlady lor... Not even with not-so-old-fairlady too. hehehe

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
o...ok...may be to different compare with 550HP evo..ha ha...hm...will it hard to drive big hose power car ?he he
Shawn, you are right. In the high powered car, highway is where they belong. Straight line performance is what they after. My friend EVO9 with 550hp had been tapau-ed by Civic Type R during a drive to Genting via Ulu Yam route. That Type R was insane and explosive car in term of power, ride and handling. Type R blown away all the big turbo cars that day. Its entry and exit of corners there really made all the turbo cars feels like they drive in cars that have only 120hp.

Conclusion here is.... big hp does not = lot of fun. Small hp car with good ride and handling sometime can provide you an exhilirating experience too. This remind me of my former Citroen ZX 2.0 16V, this car was awesome.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys.. i just wanna know how much will it cost for me 2 install the SGTI bodykit into a satria 1.3
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience