The Sentra N16 Thread

goldwave84

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
Hello everyone

I just bought a 07 Sentra and am very very happy with this car. Got it at a very good car, full specs
and I must say, the performance and road holding is fantastic. Lets share our love for the N16 by discussing more about this car. I'll start :

How does other owners find the car maintenance? What is the biggest issues faced with this model?

TQ

kei-office

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2005
subang/penang
I'm just get my 06' sentra.... Looking on experience mechanic also! How is ur mileage claims?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Hello everyone

I just bought a 07 Sentra and am very very happy with this car. Got it at a very good car, full specs
and I must say, the performance and road holding is fantastic. Lets share our love for the N16 by discussing more about this car. I'll start :

How does other owners find the car maintenance? What is the biggest issues faced with this model?

TQ
I am the ex owner of N16. QG16DE AT watch out for:

1. the side mirror folding. easily damage. if u can easily fold the mirror by your hand with a mild force...say goodbye to the mechanism inside it. folding the side mirror by switch cannot be done. solution: have to change the mechanism inside the side mirror. how? buy a used one at halfcut.

2. your car's interior filled with water on the carpet side (happens only when car is stationary).
solution: open your door card, (on the affected side), once open, there is a transparent plastic that covers the innerside of the door, the transparent plastic may got leaks on the border. check to ensure it is properly seal along the border.

3. the centrebox or cubby box (some runners called) positioned above the hazard lamp. it will break because the build quality is not good, plastic is too thin. The break occurs at the far front side. not near the hazard lamp switch (that is the place where it easily breaks) solution: be gentle when operating it. if it's already breaking or already shitty condition, find a used one from halfcut (make sure and inspect, takut sudah pecah loh)

4. THE WORST: overheating issue, if u at anypoint saw that the temperature reaches half of the gauge....as long as you notice it, no matter it fluctuate, stays constant on the half gauge or keeps increasing...(the keypoint is the needle reaches half) there is something wrong with your cooling system. you are experiencing an overheat situation.
(QG engines never reach half of the temp gauge, be it any weather, time and driving condition)

solution: (THIS LIST IS BY PRIORITY)
1. check your radiator cap
2. check your hoses for any leakage
3. check your radiator for any leakage
4. check your waterpump and thermostat
5. check your headgasket and your head.

word of advice:
1. if u see that your engine oil colour is like teh tarik or you can see that it seems to be campur2 dengan air, you definitely need top overhaul.

2. if u already experience the above...and then already done the topoverhaul....and then the same problem happened again...only 1 solution. change the engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

enyone know where can find toyota map sensor ? 2jz-gte or 1jz-gte or other toyota turbo engine use:rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience