The Extraterrestrial Commotion Lately!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wait...what kind of target??

did i done something wrong?
haha! nvm that hazela. Nothing big to worry about. But then have u check or read about the EO chemlube?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Have not watch that yet.
I see, I didn't know that though.

But so far for 5w-30, so far used, engine responds is smoother than before and the revving
is smoother as well. I don't feel like the car is struggling to reach up to some speed in fact
I find that the car is more fun to drive now than before. Not much needing in dropping gears.

Dropping gears is even more fun then :rofl:
5w-30 is indeed 'feel' lighter as am using it on my daily ride as it require less warm up time. Good during rush hour to office :biggrin: but according to my regular foreman, it offer less engine protection. Am not an expert so can't comment on this but there must be a reason why high revving NA and turbo engine using mostly thicker oil.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
5w-30 is indeed 'feel' lighter as am using it on my daily ride as it require less warm up time. Good during rush hour to office :biggrin: but according to my regular foreman, it offer less engine protection. Am not an expert so can't comment on this but there must be a reason why high revving NA and turbo engine using mostly thicker oil.
Kinda lag if use Semi Syn. Didn't like it. Maybe will switched to 5W-40 FS and see how it goes.
A friend using 5W-40 in his persona, and it was better to him. But I use 5W-30 for my BLM.
Both Fully Syn.

Semi Syn used to use from petronas since SC using them. But very lag in engine responds.
Now smoother.

hazela

Known Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
can you explain to me whats the diff between those EO? i mean between 5w-30 and 5w-40 and some other EO? i was using Mazda for 2 years and i dun knw hw to choose the very lighter EO. cz i love to start engine and keep moving. i hate to wait until my engine is warm. that always happen when im rushing...lol :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Kinda lag if use Semi Syn. Didn't like it. Maybe will switched to 5W-40 FS and see how it goes.
A friend using 5W-40 in his persona, and it was better to him. But I use 5W-30 for my BLM.
Both Fully Syn.

Semi Syn used to use from petronas since SC using them. But very lag in engine responds.
Now smoother.
do you always change ur EO?? im juz too worry to change it as i dun want my engine (internal)
might not suitable to it, as my fren told me too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
can you explain to me whats the diff between those EO? i mean between 5w-30 and 5w-40 and some other EO? i was using Mazda for 2 years and i dun knw hw to choose the very lighter EO. cz i love to start engine and keep moving. i hate to wait until my engine is warm. that always happen when im rushing...lol :biggrin:

do you always change ur EO?? im juz too worry to change it as i dun want my engine (internal)
might not suitable to it, as my fren told me too.
Be it using any EO, as they advised, best to let the car warm up before moving. Is better
for the car engine it seems.

I just get the latest promotion EO and use it. Different brands but to me as long as it is a
quality EO, it will not harm your engine. Is EO anyway. Unless you pour something else
inside like Automatic Transmission Fluid :rofl:

Never heard of such thing that engine will damage if use different brand of engine oil.

Vr2turbo have all types of engine oil and his car is still running perfect. Most just
buy whatever good EO that is on promotion. Want to be safe, just use well known brands
or common ones. Like Shell, Mobil, Petronas, Penzoil, Castrol, and etcs.

hazela

Known Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Be it using any EO, as they advised, best to let the car warm up before moving. Is better
for the car engine it seems.

I just get the latest promotion EO and use it. Different brands but to me as long as it is a
quality EO, it will not harm your engine. Is EO anyway. Unless you pour something else
inside like Automatic Transmission Fluid :rofl:

Never heard of such thing that engine will damage if use different brand of engine oil.

Vr2turbo have all types of engine oil and his car is still running perfect. Most just
buy whatever good EO that is on promotion. Want to be safe, just use well known brands
or common ones. Like Shell, Mobil, Petronas, Penzoil, Castrol, and etcs.
great! thanks a lot for the info...really appreciate it :)