The Extraterrestrial Commotion Lately!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
why not compare with Petronas 5w40 also?
Proton SC insists pouring Petronas 15w50. Apa boleh buat. I bring my own EO ask them you want to void warranty issue a letter and sign it. I will accept the letter.

You should've tried shell 15w50 too. Macam mana compare la.. And does inspira manual states 15w50 as its required EO? If not, you may wana burn down the SC or just think why 15w50 was even allowed to sip into your car lol

I had used both shell helix 10w40 and synthium 10w40 before. Honestly, no difference.
Inspira manual states 5w40. Idiots at Proton SC pour 15w50. Apa boleh buat :)

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Proton SC insists pouring Petronas 15w50. Apa boleh buat. I bring my own EO ask them you want to void warranty issue a letter and sign it. I will accept the letter.

I strongly suggest you burn that SC down or just rape that service foreman who used 15w50 physically or verbally. When u told them the manual states 5w40, what did they say?

hazela

Known Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If not mistaken I remember I asked before they said they can deliver to me without charges.
Not sure what is the policy now. Changing EO won't damage the engine unless you are using
EO that is not up to standards and quality.

I have been using a few brands. So far is either from Semi Syn or Fully Syn. Just don't use
minerals EO will do then your car is safe.

Used Penzoil, Castrol, Shell, Mobil, Chemlube and also Bardahl is the latest I used. Fully Syn only RM100 :biggrin: :top:
owh really?? there is no hidden charger?

No I do not use indiscriminate EO. BTW, thanks for the info... very useful... :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
owh really?? there is no hidden charger?

No I do not use indiscriminate EO. BTW, thanks for the info... very useful... :biggrin:
You can email them for further info or give them a call if interested.

here is a link: can read up with your bf.

Chemlube

hazela

Known Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You can email them for further info or give them a call if interested.

here is a link: can read up with your bf.

Chemlube
hehehe..thanks a lot! :)

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

owhh..thats ur problem huh...then now what happen to ur Proton? still okay with 15w50?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hehehe..thanks a lot! :)

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

owhh..thats ur problem huh...then now what happen to ur Proton? still okay with 15w50?
15W50 should feel kind heavy? From what I know older cars more than 8 or 10 years
advice to use 20W50. Never knew new cars needed to use such thick EO.

I felt the car lighter after using 5W30 instead of 10W40

hazela

Known Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
15W50 should feel kind heavy? From what I know older cars more than 8 or 10 years

I do not know to differentiate the types of EO. :hmmmm:

lol :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I do not know to differentiate the types of EO. :hmmmm:

lol :biggrin:
Is an interesting read about it. You can try google it to understand more.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I think its more of the engine type / preference. Turbo or high revving car works well with the likes of Motul 300v which is fs 15w-50.
Most common will be ss / fs 10w-40 which offer the balance.
And there are the likes of ss 5w-30 for Campro which is lighter and works faster during cold start up but maybe offer lesser engine protection during high revving.
Mineral oil only comes to play on much older car which tend to consume more oil.

I maybe wrong thou...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Then what about this 4 cylinder turbo powered? have u watch this one?

:driver:

Mercedes A45 AMG on Track - Engine Sound - YouTube
Have not watch that yet.

Hope my name is not mention again, as in SueLee postings...

hehehe.... just kidding...

BTW Hazela, my pm to you is still pending...

Kindly check inbox...:biggrin::itsme:
After Sue Lee, now Hazela....who is next? :stoned: :adore:

Btw, Hazela is attached. :biggrin:

I think its more of the engine type / preference. Turbo or high revving car works well with the likes of Motul 300v which is fs 15w-50.
Most common will be ss / fs 10w-40 which offer the balance.
And there are the likes of ss 5w-30 for Campro which is lighter and works faster during cold start up but maybe offer lesser engine protection during high revving.
Mineral oil only comes to play on much older car which tend to consume more oil.

I maybe wrong thou...
I see, I didn't know that though.

But so far for 5w-30, so far used, engine responds is smoother than before and the revving
is smoother as well. I don't feel like the car is struggling to reach up to some speed in fact
I find that the car is more fun to drive now than before. Not much needing in dropping gears.

Dropping gears is even more fun then :rofl:

hazela

Known Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hope my name is not mention again, as in SueLee postings...

hehehe.... just kidding...

BTW Hazela, my pm to you is still pending...

Kindly check inbox...:biggrin::itsme:
lol...

i just reply ur msg :)

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Have not watch that yet.

After Sue Lee, now Hazela....who is next? :stoned: :adore:

Btw, Hazela is attached. :biggrin:

I see, I didn't know that though.

But so far for 5w-30, so far used, engine responds is smoother than before and the revving
is smoother as well. I don't feel like the car is struggling to reach up to some speed in fact
I find that the car is more fun to drive now than before. Not much needing in dropping gears.

Dropping gears is even more fun then :rofl:
u must...:biggrin:

BTW, who is Sue Lee?? :hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): What looks to be a nice and clean E63 BMW 6 with an assortment of aesthetics. Namely, the Alpina front add-on and M6 mirrors parked just outside Bangsar Shopping Centre, while sporting a nice single digit Johor plate.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience