The Best First Mod for Passenger Cars

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I like your thinking better than many others who think of going fast first than stop fast.....lol
brembo 6 pot with Linglong tires also won't stop.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Watch astro sports, got linglong banner in the sports event.
in hokkien, ling-long...means "bang here, bang there". Seriously.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
headlamp was my first mod. Since travel back and forth PG <-> KL during night time. pv6 has a bad headlamp light output. Retrofit hid so wont blind others and JPJ..haha

Then is braking system. Better brake fast then driving fast. Something like that hahaha. Kena perli when NA pkai twin pot and oversize rotor.
an 2 pot kene perli? why!?!?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My 93t still using stock single port. Alamak...lagi kena flame. Hahaha...
Doesn't mean more pot = better.

Its relative between the size of the caliper/pad to the piston. If its a bigger caliper -- due to bigger rotor, naturally a multiple port calliper would have more even coverage/force applied.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Its relative between the size of the caliper/pad to the piston. If its a bigger caliper -- due to bigger rotor, naturally a multiple port calliper would have more even coverage/force applied.
Yup, exactly. And going bigger without modding the servo sometimes also no point, Not enough vacuum assist.....:rolleyes:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Here comes a kicker. My first (and arguably the best) modification is a pair of Recaro seats. In fact, I bought the seats even before getting my car. Again, if you drive an A45 or an Evo... GTFO, this thread not relevant to you.

My rims and tires were among the last thing I changed. I rode on stock rims and stock crap tires, while adding minor handling bits such as anti roll bar, strut bar, before finally in the 3rd year of ownership I changed the rims and tires.

Because I don't race, and because I'm not an idiot, I sailed normally on public roads. You kind of grow accustomed to the lack of grip, so you don't do stupid shit in it. Now that I've used the best tires in my size, can't go back. I take corners faster than "normal" because im too lazy to move my feet to the brake pedal. Because my car is front wheel, just lift my foot off throttle, steer, and step on the go fast pedal again.

How significantly different is that driving style? Very. Me and my friends identical car both did a brake upgrade back then. Got our cars modded a week apart. I just changed to my 2nd set of brake pads. He's on his 2nd set of brake rotors!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Here comes a kicker. My first (and arguably the best) modification is a pair of Recaro seats. In fact, I bought the seats even before getting my car. Again, if you drive an A45 or an Evo... GTFO, this thread not relevant to you.

My rims and tires were among the last thing I changed. I rode on stock rims and stock crap tires, while adding minor handling bits such as anti roll bar, strut bar, before finally in the 3rd year of ownership I changed the rims and tires.

Because I don't race, and because I'm not an idiot, I sailed normally on public roads. You kind of grow accustomed to the lack of grip, so you don't do stupid shit in it. Now that I've used the best tires in my size, can't go back. I take corners faster than "normal" because im too lazy to move my feet to the brake pedal. Because my car is front wheel, just lift my foot off throttle, steer, and step on the go fast pedal again.

How significantly different is that driving style? Very. Me and my friends identical car both did a brake upgrade back then. Got our cars modded a week apart. I just changed to my 2nd set of brake pads. He's on his 2nd set of brake rotors!
Hahaha yeah but you wear out tires faster than your friends I suppose and more expensive tires too. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hahaha yeah but you wear out tires faster than your friends I suppose and more expensive tires too. :biggrin:
Not really, actually braking more wear the tyres out more. Think about it.

I used to wear out tyres like in 9 months 2 pcs......lol
FWD, turbo, WOT..yup.. tires dies rather fast.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
My 93t still using stock single port. Alamak...lagi kena flame. Hahaha...

ixeo is right, furthermore, there's other factors that determine actual braking performance, such as pads, brake system health and suspension. Before investing in aftermarket parts, try covering the basics first, drive a similar car maybe and notice if there's any difference.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not really, actually braking more wear the tyres out more. Think about it.
Hmm it comes back to how you drive actually, can be both I think. If you often corner hard & fast then it will eat up tires fast also. Furthermore if you use high performance tires compared to low-mid level ones, the tread wear is also much lower hence even if you drive it the same way, the tires will still finish faster.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently i came across a SpecR mag.. There's a Skyline R33 with TOMEI engine transplant in... It's exhaust system was fitted with a silencer.. Will it restrict the exhaust gas flow??

Some forumers said it wont.. some says yes..
which 1 ar??
can someone explain to me??
i'm dumb la ... wht to do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience