The best Aftermarket Absorber

cyhppro

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am looking for the best in comfort, style, handling for a car..Koni.Bilstein,Tein,monroe and etc,which is the best?Any experience or recommendations for purchasing the best absorber brand?
I used honda accord 2.4 05 model..

p/S;sory,i was posted this recently at general car..I post this again to get more information

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
u cant get best of the 3 world (comfort, style, handling)....

u either go for either one or make do with average performance for all 3...

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Probably can get best of 2 worlds? I'm using GAB Hi-low soft-hard. Comfortable and handling.. Hentam genting corners no problem. But I think that's just me. Tee hee.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
i would recommend TITAN then you will definitely be guaranteed performance
and i think style comes with all adjustables coz u can adjust it low or high depending on what floats ur boat

cyhppro

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
oo..i am looking for absorber that lowered a bit to my car but comfort like ori..if not 100% like ori abs,80% also ok..how suggestion of otai2 here.tq

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
I am looking for the best in comfort, style, handling for a car..Koni.Bilstein,Tein,monroe and etc,which is the best?Any experience or recommendations for purchasing the best absorber brand?
I used honda accord 2.4 05 model..

p/S;sory,i was posted this recently at general car..I post this again to get more information
the only 1 can answer ur call, thats Koni FSD.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hmm...koni is good?any experience about tein?
titan not much information about it
the best way to get info about titan is to actually go to their shop and ask them any query u have
im sure they will be more than happy 2 help u clear ur doubts

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

oo..i am looking for absorber that lowered a bit to my car but comfort like ori..if not 100% like ori abs,80% also ok..how suggestion of otai2 here.tq
if you want to lower ur car with 100% the same comfort as the ori absorber and performance is not an issue all u need to do is cut the spring a bit

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
hmm...koni is good?any experience about tein?
titan not much information about it
if u do watch F1 or u ever drive a Lambo... then u'll know Koni is good onot...
Tein?? not my cup of tea at all..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if you want to lower ur car with 100% the same comfort as the ori absorber and performance is not an issue all u need to do is cut the spring a bit
That's if you're already using linear springs in your car (e.g. coilovers) The trait of linear springs is that they are the same thickness, and same diameter from top to bottom.

But then, with this kind of suspension, can just lower by adding compressing the spring using the spring compressor on the coilover body. This one comes with the smaller spring, called the helper spring.

If you're looking for comfort, never use coilovers.. even the models with helper springs are quite stiff. Tien Super Street is quite soft, but it's not as comfortable as standard ones.

Standard suspension does not use linear springs. They are progressive. you can see this by how the top coil, middle coil and bottom coil not the same size.

This sample is a comfort lowering spring.. car is lowered, but still comfortable.

Standard proton springs also are progressive, that's why people who cut their springs find it harder/stiffer.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

If you're using accord, I'd recommend bilstein.. The normal version, not coilovers.. Quite comfortable, okay handling, but not track handling, ok?

Do not get the bilstein coilovers if you plan to carry your family in the car.

Last edited:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
oh dam i forgot this part
too used to adjustables already
forgot what normal springs like :rolleyes:
but i remember proton the standard spring is linear
when i swapped my adjustables out last time

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
oh dam i forgot this part
too used to adjustables already
forgot what normal springs like :rolleyes:
but i remember proton the standard spring is linear
when i swapped my adjustables out last time
Hmm.. not sure about that... last I ride in a proton with chopped springs, sakit tulang belakang lol.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hmm.. not sure about that... last I ride in a proton with chopped springs, sakit tulang belakang lol.
oo realy ah??
i thought cuting the spring would just have cosmetic effects i didnt know it makes the ride more stiff :hmmmm::hmmmm:
no experience with using lowered spring though

cyhppro

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if u do watch F1 or u ever drive a Lambo... then u'll know Koni is good onot...
Tein?? not my cup of tea at all..
wow..that what i want..what model of koni that suitable to me?

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

That's if you're already using linear springs in your car (e.g. coilovers) The trait of linear springs is that they are the same thickness, and same diameter from top to bottom.

But then, with this kind of suspension, can just lower by adding compressing the spring using the spring compressor on the coilover body. This one comes with the smaller spring, called the helper spring.

If you're looking for comfort, never use coilovers.. even the models with helper springs are quite stiff. Tien Super Street is quite soft, but it's not as comfortable as standard ones.

Standard suspension does not use linear springs. They are progressive. you can see this by how the top coil, middle coil and bottom coil not the same size.

This sample is a comfort lowering spring.. car is lowered, but still comfortable.

Standard proton springs also are progressive, that's why people who cut their springs find it harder/stiffer.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

If you're using accord, I'd recommend bilstein.. The normal version, not coilovers.. Quite comfortable, okay handling, but not track handling, ok?

Do not get the bilstein coilovers if you plan to carry your family in the car.
that is,use coilover will not suitable for comfortable acievemnet?koni high tech(luxury master)is good or not?i am afraid buying a wrong model of koni or tein..bilstein b6 is good or not?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently i came across a SpecR mag.. There's a Skyline R33 with TOMEI engine transplant in... It's exhaust system was fitted with a silencer.. Will it restrict the exhaust gas flow??

Some forumers said it wont.. some says yes..
which 1 ar??
can someone explain to me??
i'm dumb la ... wht to do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience