The Best First Mod for Passenger Cars

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm it comes back to how you drive actually, can be both I think. If you often corner hard & fast then it will eat up tires fast also. Furthermore if you use high performance tires compared to low-mid level ones, the tread wear is also much lower hence even if you drive it the same way, the tires will still finish faster.
Road condition, weather, long distance play a part too

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Road condition, weather, long distance play a part too
Of course those too, but I meant assuming they're similar but just different driving style (need to brake more vs corner faster/harder) and different tires (low-mid level vs high performance ones).

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Of course those too, but I meant assuming they're similar but just different driving style (need to brake more vs corner faster/harder) and different tires (low-mid level vs high performance ones).
Yup, of course. Driving style, saw on fb Ivan Khong rear tyre in his S2000 not worn off but can say scrub off......:driver:

Let me see can copy his picture to here...yup, here......

Attachments

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well, my floating style seems to be very gentle on my brake pads and tyres. LOL. Boat ma, just float all over. Don't want to grip the road with an aggressive racing line, roll and flip my boat. But I need good seats to hold me in place else I'd get sea sick and puke all over.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, of course. Driving style, saw on fb Ivan Khong rear tyre in his S2000 not worn off but can say scrub off......:driver:

Let me see can copy his picture to here...yup, here......
S2000 often drifts I suppose, tricky handling car I heard, especially the earlier versions.

For me, the obvious example is just my Livina. I drove it for the first 20k km or so before I bought my X, then after that the wife has driven it for over 30k km now. The difference in tire wear is quite obvious where when I drove it, the tire wear was more compared to her despite her already driving the car with more mileage than me now! Obviously she brakes a lot more than me and corners a lot slower. Now the tires are already like 5yrs old (55k km) but still the treads are pretty thick, like 50%! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
S2000 often drifts I suppose, tricky handling car I heard, especially the earlier versions.

For me, the obvious example is just my Livina. I drove it for the first 20k km or so before I bought my X, then after that the wife has driven it for over 30k km now. The difference in tire wear is quite obvious where when I drove it, the tire wear was more compared to her despite her already driving the car with more mileage than me now! Obviously she brakes a lot more than me and corners a lot slower. Now the tires are already like 5yrs old (55k km) but still the treads are pretty thick, like 50%! :biggrin:
5 years better check visually. Compound could have harden and may have fine crack lines. Maybe need a tyre change dy.....lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

that's exactly what happened to me and my old car with tyres that old and that much thread. Went on highway back to Johor and BANG it exploded on the highway. Be careful bro. These modern tyre rubber compounds were never meant to last that long. The galvanization process these days extremely accelerated with catalyst so tyres can be used on the road faster. The old days tyres were bought, kept for a year in the garage before being installed.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
5 years better check visually. Compound could have harden and may have fine crack lines. Maybe need a tyre change dy.....lol
that's exactly what happened to me and my old car with tyres that old and that much thread. Went on highway back to Johor and BANG it exploded on the highway. Be careful bro. These modern tyre rubber compounds were never meant to last that long. The galvanization process these days extremely accelerated with catalyst so tyres can be used on the road faster. The old days tyres were bought, kept for a year in the garage before being installed.
Yeah I know. Still look reasonable though. Probably I'll change sometime later this year. The car is used only for short-medium distances (<15km per trip) and no chance to reach highway speeds coz always going thru lots of traffic.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
advanti storm series rims. 15" is 4.6kg each, 17" is 6kg each. Lightweight
why suddenly talk about rims? you mabuk ah...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
"The best first mod for passenger car" , my opinion is first thing change rims to lightweight rims.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
"The best first mod for passenger car" , my opinion is first thing change rims to lightweight rims.
I disagree.

Original RPF1 with ling long tires? You'll end up in a ditch.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bros,
considering of converting my 4G13P to GSR...
however, i dont know of runners to do the following with JPJ..
anyone has done it before can advice and recommend??
i understand that's it'll cost a large amount of "kopi" money...around 1.3K+ is it true??
thanks ahead..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience