Thanks to KL Turbo One!!

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
ftzone,

thanks i think know the fella GSR with SAFC, he's someone from the forum, few months ago he got 220 HP, his GSR is a manual and the dyno is measured for power on engine and not on wheel that's for manual, thus for manuals the dyno is set to measure on engine however for auto it's set to measure on wheel....

the purpose i use this dyno is to see how much improvement i got from my first dyno at 195, second at 211, then after newly serviced turbo for the third time to see how much improvement i've achieved, ur right however in saying dun trust the figures which i understand coz different machine will have different figures, however this will not stop us from benchmarking the accuracy?.....

i always go there like my 3rd home, so i know a lil bit of all cars dyno figures tested over there, for some benchmarks on normal cars eg:

perdana v6 before safc 110++ HP, after 120++HP, auto so on wheel
mivec dunno wat mod, 170 HP, manual on engine
BMW 325, 202 HP, forgot manual or auto so dunno on wheel or on engine
Satria GTi R3, 160 HP with SAFC, manual on engine

and many others which is not good to reveal as some cars are very rare in penang and easily identified if i just post the figures here....

Last edited:

revolution3

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
kenneth i am impresive bro.. al stock just plug the megasquit wah.. impresive bro ..stand alone ecu .. the ms u install at shop or u diy alone .. more info.. kenneth ..

caya caya ..

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
bro kenneth,
i dun get it. why must the manual get reading my engine but not on wheel? I tot mostly dyno all showed power on wheel instead on engine?

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
normality78,

i expect someone will sure ask hehe, i've asked him myself when the dyno first arrived, it's the calculation software they use, the machine is from dastek dynamometer, preferably they'll use on engine due to some variables such as differring gear ratios, wheel size, sometimes 2 wheel / 4 wheel gearbox may affect the outcome, further than that someone needs to ask the shop owner dee hehe.... so bottomline is for accuracy, he'll use fourth gear on engine for manual, and on wheel for auto coz auto it's hard to get gear ratio closest to one (for manual normally fourth gear is 0.97)....

on engine dyno however, after u get the WOT at more than 6.5k RPM, and as when u've release the throttle, u need to wait until the wheel slows down and that's when u can c the graph climbing back to its original position on the screen, that's how the machine works to calculate on engine power.....in my opinion these are all debatable subject topic, coz if u look at it, how accurate could it be for a calculation backwards to the engine in which the reading is taken on wheel from the dyno rollers, hehe, so i that's y i said it's good if we get the benchmark from various cars so then we know....

revolution3,

well, for megasquirt i soldered myself but installed by cipan however the biggest contribution for the horsepower increase as per the title of this thread, Turbo One KL....

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
kenneth.. u over promoting us...

hahaa...turbo is a turbo...it won't make power if the other variables are not in synchronous harmony.... ;)

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
kenneth.. u over promoting us...

hahaa...turbo is a turbo...it won't make power if the other variables are not in synchronous harmony.... ;)

guys,

please see below for the fantastic job done by Turbo One....

SDF,

not promoting lerh, just telling the fact from my satisfaction.....

Attachments

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
kenneth..u need to brush up with your camera skills...

hahahaa...

skyline21

Feb 27, 2007
How much does you pay....I think it hurts???

PS:TDO4HL is from VR4? Pls advice?

Last edited:

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
skyline,

this td04hl aar, haha.... eerh how do i begin, at first i bought my gsr, without knowing the turbo is completely jammed.... since the mech guarantees me for everything in good working condition, so he changed for me another TD04L, which is puffing loads of white smoke at the 2nd day of install, then change again FOC for the third time, then dunno from where he got this TD04HL.... dunno whether it's from VR4 or not, using it until recently i feel i need some upgrades then Turbo One....

guys,

can u all please help me, i was doing some spirited sprint jus now, my clutch is slipping !!! already knew the syndrome since the dyno but these few days it's getting worse, slipping at 5k rpm region, i'm now using paraut clutch which i've asked some experts around and i've been informed that this clutch can withstand up to 200 HP only, can anyone advise me the cheapest twin plate clutch available? i've just done a surgery to my left knee, so semi-racing single plate clutch is a big NO for me..... HELP!!

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
good luck in ur quest for power Kenneth..

look forward to hearing from you again..happy boosting mate

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
blackie likes "dwell deeper...."

hahaaa....