Super charger or Turbo charge in Campro CPS

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
beware....turbo is addictive....
Add boost abit, add boost abit, add boost abit more......and then kaboom....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
haha..what a question .. u want nice sound ? or no sound but nice perfomance ?
I heard one the other day , definitely not a turbo , was very quiet untill he starts accelerating (2.5")
but the acceleration was crazy so i guess its a supercharger . sounds pretty legit to me
sound like wastegate? or bov?

The sound which is generated from super charger module, like sharp wind sound.
I'm look for silent module ..:biggrin:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Of course I would recommend turbocharger... light turbo will be good enough if you only want a bit of power. No issue as long as you follow
proper maintenance. Good luck.

QUOTE=boyzone;1064278539]Guys,

I'm in-progress funding on this project, to bolt on into my Gen 2 CPS.
However, still yet to decide which to go.
Both of them will cost me about the same; but not sure on the durability.
I'm not a full throttle lover, as this car is my family car.
This bolt on is just would like to gain some torque so that can have better up hill performance on this 1240kg car weight :driver:

All the advise and opinion are welcome.:idea:[/QUOTE]

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
hmmmm... seem like turbo charger received more compared with supercharger

jwalker86

Oct 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Turbo charger more work needs to be done. Low boost in turbo charger is useless, min 0.5 bar is required. Go for sprintex supercharger, can give stable power with low boost. even at 0.3 bar You can get your fat and flat torque that you want across a wide band of rpm

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Turbo charger more work needs to be done. Low boost in turbo charger is useless, min 0.5 bar is required. Go for sprintex supercharger, can give stable power with low boost. even at 0.3 bar You can get your fat and flat torque that you want across a wide band of rpm
Thanks for bumping an old thread. Superchargers need more work la. How affordable is a sprintex supercharger kit?

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Force induction on Campro doesn't last long on high boosting. Anything more than 0.6 bar without internal mod is suicidal in the long run as
you may never know when the stock internal or block gave way. Hence, most of the high boosting Campro out there is no longer on stock internal. Some even had magnesium reinforced block!
Either way of forced induction, cost is still around rm8k for peace of mind.
The common sense : once your upgrade the engine power, brake and suspension should be upgraded too. And for peace of mind, better to go through Puspakom inspection for ease of insurance claim in case shit happens.
Not exactly an endorsement as unlike swapping engine, you still using the same chassis and engine numbering. Just to be save so that the insurance company doesn't make a fuss out of the modification

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
want to playsafe,just boost it up until 0.5 bar..if u have big budget u can play until 1.0 bar..it will cost u around 15k..standalone,td04L,custom intake manifold..will get 230++ hp..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, all member and friends, i've seen a topic that teaching us how to make the car battery longer life again if it's die but i cant find this topic anymore even i've use the search function.
To all sifus, brothers, and taikos, please help on this case.
if it has been deleted, please repost again.
Thx a lots.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience