Car Electric Turbo Super Charger or cyclone

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think it just help for NA might slight improve engine power but the main concern it will screw up the A/F ratio resulted increase of FC.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ECU will base on your intake air to calculate the fuel need to supply. The concern is since been force to your intake the ECU will supply more fuel. Theoritical it should give you more power but I not sure how is the FC will look like...I worry you get little power but spend lot more on fuel. I might be wrong maybe sifu here can educate me aswell.

DivineWind

May 6, 2006
KL
I doubt the electric motor will spin fast enough to give any positive pressure into the intake, the blades on the motor could actually restrict air intake when u go full throttle :hmmmm:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Teams of japanese/euro engineers have spent millions of man hours and money on researching the air flow characteristics in your intake system.
They then designed that aforementioned system based on a set of production parameters which include optimized induction as a criteria.
As a result and in most cases, your stock air box or paper based filter stands as the most efficient and power/cost effective solution for your engine.
I really doubt that a dinky little electric motor or poorly engineered turbine is going to have much effect/pros to your induction system. I am quite certain, the research-less accessories mess with the fundamental air flow of your system.
If this stupid little things works, I am sure; hi perfomance NA beasts like the Ferraris and Lambos would have been putting this contraptions in a long, long time ago.

Btw... I am no engineer and my logic here is purely by deduction and common sense.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
don't waste money and time on this....

get the real supercharger instead of this...

with that diagram i doubt that that "charger" could be controlled according to your engine rev/throttle position....i only see on-off switch hooked to the throttle cable....

furthermore....like other ppl said, the fan speed mostlikely can't cope with the engine air needs...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
looks like it causes more restriction than any good...

imagine some screw or blade fails and gets sucked in through the TB and into the manifold... cant imagine what will happen wei...:rofl:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
actually, i've tried putting a computer fan on my 4AFE carb engine.. fit it nicely to get positive pressure..

the result, more power at low rev.. less power at high rev.. and fuel consumption is BAD

:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I did a test on a product similar to the cyclone.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...855-involuntarily-volunteered-experiment.html

Have a read. I hate anything that makes astronomical claims but has no real results to show. The electric fan is no better than the cyclone. It's still a fan that's blocking your intake passage and whats worse, it's turning which probably limits the amount of air the engine can suck in.

If you have a proper CAI done and have a high compression NA engine (or even a standard engine with some mild compression mods), place a piece of ice on your palm and hold it in front of the CAI. Then get someone to floor the pedal and watch as your CAI sucks in the ice cube like a vacuum cleaner. That's how strong the air is when it goes into your intake, do you think the fan can keep up?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI there all

jz ask u technical questions about the wira se car..im using stock 4g15 manual engine bought my car 4 months old..still brand new....

i wanted to mod to 4G's T engine dun care VR4, GSR or EVO1,2,3.....my questions is if i jz transplant the engine+ecu+wiring(or even +GB) ...do i need to change the radiator+aircond radiator to its own original respective engine?...or can i jz used stock wira radiator&aircond radiator?....

what about the power stereng pump?...aircond...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience