Super charger or Turbo charge in Campro CPS

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jwalker86

Oct 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Turbo charger more work needs to be done. Low boost in turbo charger is useless, min 0.5 bar is required. Go for sprintex supercharger, can give stable power with low boost. even at 0.3 bar You can get your fat and flat torque that you want across a wide band of rpm

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Turbo charger more work needs to be done. Low boost in turbo charger is useless, min 0.5 bar is required. Go for sprintex supercharger, can give stable power with low boost. even at 0.3 bar You can get your fat and flat torque that you want across a wide band of rpm
Thanks for bumping an old thread. Superchargers need more work la. How affordable is a sprintex supercharger kit?

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Force induction on Campro doesn't last long on high boosting. Anything more than 0.6 bar without internal mod is suicidal in the long run as
you may never know when the stock internal or block gave way. Hence, most of the high boosting Campro out there is no longer on stock internal. Some even had magnesium reinforced block!
Either way of forced induction, cost is still around rm8k for peace of mind.
The common sense : once your upgrade the engine power, brake and suspension should be upgraded too. And for peace of mind, better to go through Puspakom inspection for ease of insurance claim in case shit happens.
Not exactly an endorsement as unlike swapping engine, you still using the same chassis and engine numbering. Just to be save so that the insurance company doesn't make a fuss out of the modification

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
want to playsafe,just boost it up until 0.5 bar..if u have big budget u can play until 1.0 bar..it will cost u around 15k..standalone,td04L,custom intake manifold..will get 230++ hp..

jwalker86

Oct 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Cost for Charger kit itself turbo is cheaper but more work is required when boost is high, turbo works best with higher boost. Supercharger works well at any boost level. even on low boost you still can get significant amount of power increment with supercharger.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

amadke30

Mar 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wah, nice topic. Hope owners from campro supercharger & turbocharger can sharing more detail on it.
I m want to know the feeling driving in town with alot of traffic jam or in highway

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Supercharger in Campro for me :smile:

amadke30

Mar 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think its enough with SC, power up to 160-180hp on campro with light modification (exhaust sys, LCP,CP,EMS,etc)..
If hp more than that, dunno stock campro can tahan. Then the braking system, tyre sizing and suspension must upgrade

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
go big or go home. what's the point of going through the trouble of supercharge for 180bhp.. just go with a turbo and break the 200bhp barrier. hell even vios turbos do 500hp these days.. 180hp is chump change..

jwalker86

Oct 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
go big or go home. what's the point of going through the trouble of supercharge for 180bhp.. just go with a turbo and break the 200bhp barrier. hell even vios turbos do 500hp these days.. 180hp is chump change..
Too much power is not a good thing even though its an addictive and tempting to have. By going overboard you will need to change even more components as your oem parts will wear out even faster and/or give way.

SC on the other hand works well with just low boost while giving sufficient power to enjoy. I installed SC on my vios, needless to say I was happy with the power output. I was a fan of diesel so torque is what I'm looking for. On wheel torque with just 0.2-0.3 bar boost, my vios pushed 155nm from slightly over 2500rpm to slightly over 5000rpm. From the data you can see the flat and fat torque that you can find similar to a Diesel engine though not at such high rpm band. Nowadays I rarely pushed my engine over the 4000rpm band. As what I wanted can be achieved at much earlier rpm.

In return, the drivability of my vios was superb and still manage to retain most of fuel economy (dropped about 10-15% in total mileage is decent for the additional power gained)

High speed acceleration was also much better. I rarely drive faster than 120kph but when "pushed" I can take off with similar decent acceleration as to a more bigger cc cars, and move out of their way with minimal disruption to their intended cruising speed.

On highway runs, I've travelled kl-pg-kl around 4 times without any hassle. Still manage to squeeze out 600km on full tank of 42 litres on brochure.

I did some trashing runs and went up genting. There was no overheating problem. My current mileage of my SC is now standing around 5000km within the time span of 1months time running on ron95 fuel.

I'm sharing my SC experience as I can't seem to find any detailed ones on any forum. Also to promote the SC fever as it has been over taken by the turbo chargers, just want to bring back the balance.

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Too much power is not a good thing even though its an addictive and tempting to have. By going overboard you will need to change even more components as your oem parts will wear out even faster and/or give way.

SC on the other hand works well with just low boost while giving sufficient power to enjoy. I installed SC on my vios, needless to say I was happy with the power output. I was a fan of diesel so torque is what I'm looking for. On wheel torque with just 0.2-0.3 bar boost, my vios pushed 155nm from slightly over 2500rpm to slightly over 5000rpm. From the data you can see the flat and fat torque that you can find similar to a Diesel engine though not at such high rpm band. Nowadays I rarely pushed my engine over the 4000rpm band. As what I wanted can be achieved at much earlier rpm.

In return, the drivability of my vios was superb and still manage to retain most of fuel economy (dropped about 10-15% in total mileage is decent for the additional power gained)

High speed acceleration was also much better. I rarely drive faster than 120kph but when "pushed" I can take off with similar decent acceleration as to a more bigger cc cars, and move out of their way with minimal disruption to their intended cruising speed.

On highway runs, I've travelled kl-pg-kl around 4 times without any hassle. Still manage to squeeze out 600km on full tank of 42 litres on brochure.

I did some trashing runs and went up genting. There was no overheating problem. My current mileage of my SC is now standing around 5000km within the time span of 1months time running on ron95 fuel.

I'm sharing my SC experience as I can't seem to find any detailed ones on any forum. Also to promote the SC fever as it has been over taken by the turbo chargers, just want to bring back the balance.
Don't mind me asking, how troublesome was it to fit the supercharger in and align the belts? And what sort of blower are you using? I assume its from gze or estima.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey there :ciao: , my car recently starting to develop a two cylinder misfire when ever i leave it to cool down after driving , the next time i started it up it will misfire and with couple of revs it will clears out and its running great until i let it cools down and restart it again .

Water level gone down by a lil each day , there is soot particle in the coolant & top of expansion tank thus diagnosed as a small leak in head gasket allowing combustion gasses into cooling system .

I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience