Subaru BRZ sells out in Australia in three hours... online

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam

Coveting a new Subaru BRZ? Be glad you don't live in Australia. Apparently the Aussies were allocated only 201 cars for delivery this year, so Subaru Australia decided to sell them all online starting at noon today, kind of like concert tickets. Of course, you can imagine what transpired.

According to Joel Strickland's Blog, all the cars had been sold – or at least ordered and had a sales contract completed – within three hours. The process included a paid deposit of three to five thousand Australian dollars, so reserving one is a serious commitment. The online offer attracted eight buyers in the first five minutes, and the first order took just 20 minutes to complete.

The Aussie BRZ was offered at $37,150 Australian, which is $38,045 and change in U.S. dollars (new car pricing in Oz is always markedly higher than in the States). Subaru is continuing to take orders, but will not be able to deliver these cars until early 2013, according to the report.

OMG so cheap to be true!!!:bawling:

Attachments

AIDS

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
WOW!...because is cheap there!!!! THATS WHY! ........ 37,150.00 AUD = 120,965.19 MYR. dun ask me, ask ur goverment!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Our G have no choice. Like HIDC5R said, how is proton gonna sell their car if imported cars are priced almost the same price? RM120K for BRZ, the Inspira RM40K? Myvi 10K? :biggrin:

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
but we have cheap fuel price over here, where's in the end it's equal.
fuel you can control how much you use. Car price we're forced to pay upfront even if we only use the car for weekend or once a year. which you think will be a better option for us?

for me i'd definitely rather have cheaper car price and more expensive fuel. at least i can afford to have a weekend car.

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
i need less $ car for daily use n brz 4 weekend.... it ok to pay a $$$$$$ once n a $$ daily

AIDS

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
Our G have no choice. Like HIDC5R said, how is proton gonna sell their car if imported cars are priced almost the same price? RM120K for BRZ, the Inspira RM40K? Myvi 10K? :biggrin:

....so, whats the price of a myvi/passo and inspira/mitsu lancer in australia?... export price to aus or CKD in australia?.... do u get the idea?!!??

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
lai lets move out of malaysia n migrate 2 australia lorh :laugh: buy a small house there n use the balance 4 fast cars hahahaha :rofl:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if u don't like Malaysia, u can go anywhere that u like.. nobody can stop u :biggrin:

anyhow, the 86 is the most anticipated car of the decade..

i'm not surprise it sold out all over the world

:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifus,

My car has been vandalised with spray paint dis morning. and its barely 1 month old!! :bawling:

I wonder if any sifus out here can advise on the correct method to remove the paint without respraying the whole car? it has never been waxed nor polished before, just the fresh coat of paint right out from the factory.

here's how it looks like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience