Starting problem

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
Have some starting problem recently.

check light will go off, but upon cranking, it will fire up then die off.

fuel prime sound not softer then normal.

got to start 2-3 times and feed a bit of petrol

what is the problem

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
something almost similar happens to me....
usually it happens to me when after driving and stopping for a while...car can start but engine will die....have to do it a couple of times before ok....On cold starts it never does this, but when driving a bit the engine will suddenly cut fuel for abit (stutter)....after engine is warmed up it'll be fine.

At first i thought it was the fuel relay, becoz it wouldn't "click" after the engine died....have to wait a while before relay start clicking again. Previous relay died already so got a new one, tested it on my friends car OK, but still happening on my car.

So I suspect its the ECU, but haven't been able to test my car with another ECU yet....(anyways no money to buy new ECU....damn expensive now...and the cars can still run OK)

But I have found a way to overcome it....after the first "click" (ECL ON), immediately crank the starter (dont wait for the 2nd click (ECL OFF)....it should start normally..

On cold starts I do the usual 2 clicks ECL ON/OFF, bcoz it doesnt have problems.

Dunno if it helps in your case....but give it a try.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Have some starting problem recently.

check light will go off, but upon cranking, it will fire up then die off.

fuel prime sound not softer then normal.

got to start 2-3 times and feed a bit of petrol

what is the problem
Your car or customer's car?

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
cold start got this problem also leh, can start but engine die ....but straight away crank ok ...

wat is the problem

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After using the Battery-free smartag that I DIY'ed before, I find it kinda
annoying and difficult especially if suddenly need to use the Smartag.:thefinger:

So, now I remove the wire and DIY a Switchable smartag that still use a battery. however, the battery will consume 0mA when it is switched off, therefore make it last longer.

Check it out!::smokin:

http://donsdiy.fotopic.net/c1526239.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience