SR4 engine swap?

greedy5513

Jun 17, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
dear sifus around here, I own a 1993 civic EH with sr4, problem is the spark plug is wet with engine oil, O rings gone i think.

always giving me check engine light when it is too wet and stop halfway, sometimes in the middle of the road doing 80/90 km/h even, which is dangerous and it is not reliable. Need to dry the 4 plugs with tissue paper only can start back.

Changed O rings previously but after a few months problem comes back, so my mechanic is asking me to overhaul the whole engine. The engine is not even overhauled once since 1993, driven by my dad and now passed down to me till now 2013.

My question is, should I spend around 1k+ to overhaul that engine or do a swap if the engine condition is bad?

If swap, what Honda engine fits into the engine bay and how much is the cost of the engine? with or without installation

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
first off... find out ur engine specs/model...check engine number... usually the starting 4/5 digits is it.

then find out pricing of replacing the same engine into ur car....

then weigh the price difference with an overhaul.

greedy5513

Jun 17, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
the engine model no: SR 3/4
Chassis No: EH XXXX

The car is not with me now, it is in the workshop, haven't repair yet but IIRC those are the codes written on the chassis.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
SR3/SR4 denotes whether that chassis is a hatchback or sedan model

EH is the chassis "model" number.

wat u need is the engine number

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ur gonna have to go to the car n find out the engine.number or refer to geran

there r a few diff engine models for this generation

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah that one... meaning ur engine is a D16A. easily found... go to a reputable honda workshop and ask.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
D16s are pretty cheap... around RM1k iirc... ur gonna have to go around n ask

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
b16a will cost u 8-9k for the conversion...its not just a direct swap...ull need the gearbox n other things too

good to convert if power is what urblooking for...but if normal daily drive....stick with the d16

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to repair carbon fiber in PJ/Subang/Shah Alam?? My CF spoiler is cracked...i think some idiot tried to steal it by ripping it out :(

its cracked at the seams... the part where the 2 pieces are joined together...so hopefully itll be an easy fix.

pic of my spoiler :

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience