Repairing Cracked Carbon Fiber

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Anyone knows where to repair carbon fiber in PJ/Subang/Shah Alam?? My CF spoiler is cracked...i think some idiot tried to steal it by ripping it out :(

its cracked at the seams... the part where the 2 pieces are joined together...so hopefully itll be an easy fix.

pic of my spoiler :

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
its cracked at the seams... the part where the pieces meetand stuck together...basically the glue cracked la......the sheet itself looks alright.

thats why im hoping it can be repaired.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah i realize after the repair its gonna look a lil off....

but at least the individual shets look ok. no cracks. just the point where the sheets meet...which is why the crack is in a straight line

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
my friend did repair his CF hood at racecraft. and his damage was much worst than yours.
his hood flipped off when high speed on highway due to no hood pins installed.

but even though repairable, it needed a paint job, and thus my friend paint it matte black..he doesn't care though,because the only downside was the hood now doesn't resemble the shiny, impressive 3D look of carbon fibre. other than that, it is still CF.

car is satria GTI.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
MKMD428,

Bro...can find out for me the details for racecraft? Their location, contact person etc.

Ive never known where they are located lol

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
danz: ya..myself also using it. i remember the time when i wasn't using one..bawak 130 pun bole goyang ooo CF hood. very scary..

madman: racecraft is located at bandar sunway.. it's the same row as N1 racing..
opposite the racecraft shop is a tire shop.

i don't have the exact location of the shop. but i can give GPS coordinates of the whereabouts of the shop.

N 03.06725 E 101.60255

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
heh....me no GPS :P

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
lol.....its ok la...ive already spoken to someone from racecraft via their facebook page...they say they dont repair CF products :(

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah.....unfortunately :(

i found a workshop that says they might know someone who can fix it... will see how it goes with that....right now just thinking of fixing using normal fiber then repaint the thing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all ZTH'er

I need help regarding the bumper.
How to install it to my WIRA?
Do we need to fabricate any support on the bumper and use the original brackect (how to spell it).

Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience