SR4 EG8(4dr)

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all pro , i m newbie and i would like to change my SOHC stock car engine i think is Dseries , abit bored in play v sohc so i plan to change it to dohc . There r few questions i would like to ask all the pro here

1)I stil thinking wat engine suitable or wat build , i plan to put B18C or B16B or B16A which is the best ? if i 1 2 mod izzit fit into the bay?

2)My stock car i also dun noe wat type of engine is it , i jus saw HONDA MOTOR CO INC ....on the top of the engine , i asked my dad he said tis car is fully import from japan when tis version of civic jus came out , i quite curious that wat series is tht engine?

3)Stock gearbox can use after changed to Bseries engine?

Plz help me....i 1 2 learn smth from there thanks alot sry 4 my broken engish

Last edited:

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
2.)If I'm not mistaken your stock engine should be 1.6 ZC. (correct me if I'm wrong)D-series engine can be a very strong engine if built up right but too bad it is not that popular in Malaysia so even if you want to built a D series monster it would be hard to look for mechanic who is willing and has the knowledge to do so.

1.)Swapping to B series would be more feasible, and among the 3 engines you stated I would go for B16B certainly:biggrin: but the price of B16B isn't cheap, so you can try find B16A which is cheaper. B18C without the 'R' should be USDM integra GSR engine. Among these engine, I would say the most inportant part is your budget.

3.) I know it is posible to put a B series gb onto a d-series(correct me if I'm wrong) , but why would you want to do so? By getting the whole half cut you would be getting the gearbox, brakes,engine, radiator bla bla bla. Basically everything you see at the front part of a car is yours(unless stated by the seller). If you're not planning for too much modification and just want a more powerful daily drive, then get a b16a from an eg9 and plug and play everything. That would be more easier, but do take note that there are mainly 2 different version of B16A which is usually categorized as big V(b16a2) and small V(b16a). Some half cut dealer wont tell you this unless u ask and I got a friend who bought a b16a(small V) happily for a cheap price and later only know there are differences between small V and big V. You can try google the differences between B16a and B16a2.

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
Bro, I also wan to share a bit with you~
B16A/B18C/B16B all is just plug and play coz the mounting is just the same with D15B/D16B.

If ZC, I have no idea coz I never see ZC in SR3/SR4. ZC mostly is in CRX or EF. Maybe the early production of EG SR3/4 comes with ZC engine.

So you better go for halfcut, and i don advise you to use B series engine with D series' gearbox. and some other parts are not the same eg: B16A radiator is two layer and D15B is only single layer. The parts of B series have ofcoz hav better performance than D series.

Price of halfcut:
B16A (EG6/9, EK4) : RM7-9k (this is big v-tec)
B16A (EF9, DA6/8) : RM5-7k (this is small vtec)
B18C (DC2, DB8) : RM10k vti-R, speRM12k (GSR) , RM15k (spec R)
B16B EK9 : RM18k +/-
*the price you can get might be diff, depends on seller!

Hope this will help you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Just sharing~

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
2.)If I'm not mistaken your stock engine should be 1.6 ZC. (correct me if I'm wrong)D-series engine can be a very strong engine if built up right but too bad it is not that popular in Malaysia so even if you want to built a D series monster it would be hard to look for mechanic who is willing and has the knowledge to do so.

1.)Swapping to B series would be more feasible, and among the 3 engines you stated I would go for B16B certainly:biggrin: but the price of B16B isn't cheap, so you can try find B16A which is cheaper. B18C without the 'R' should be USDM integra GSR engine. Among these engine, I would say the most inportant part is your budget.

3.) I know it is posible to put a B series gb onto a d-series(correct me if I'm wrong) , but why would you want to do so? By getting the whole half cut you would be getting the gearbox, brakes,engine, radiator bla bla bla. Basically everything you see at the front part of a car is yours(unless stated by the seller). If you're not planning for too much modification and just want a more powerful daily drive, then get a b16a from an eg9 and plug and play everything. That would be more easier, but do take note that there are mainly 2 different version of B16A which is usually categorized as big V(b16a2) and small V(b16a). Some half cut dealer wont tell you this unless u ask and I got a friend who bought a b16a(small V) happily for a cheap price and later only know there are differences between small V and big V. You can try google the differences between B16a and B16a2.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH , understood & learned smth new :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

Bro, I also wan to share a bit with you~
B16A/B18C/B16B all is just plug and play coz the mounting is just the same with D15B/D16B.

If ZC, I have no idea coz I never see ZC in SR3/SR4. ZC mostly is in CRX or EF. Maybe the early production of EG SR3/4 comes with ZC engine.

So you better go for halfcut, and i don advise you to use B series engine with D series' gearbox. and some other parts are not the same eg: B16A radiator is two layer and D15B is only single layer. The parts of B series have ofcoz hav better performance than D series.

Price of halfcut:
B16A (EG6/9, EK4) : RM7-9k (this is big v-tec)
B16A (EF9, DA6/8) : RM5-7k (this is small vtec)
B18C (DC2, DB8) : RM10k vti-R, speRM12k (GSR) , RM15k (spec R)
B16B EK9 : RM18k +/-
*the price you can get might be diff, depends on seller!

Hope this will help you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Just sharing~

Wow,thanks alot for the sharing . B16A izzit enough for daily use n some track?i mean sumtime go to attend circuit open day bcz i found tht B18C or even B16B is quite expensive bt i think if reali 1 2 play it jus save it n mod it in 1 shot n enjoy THE POWER OF VTEC (dun shot me if i m wrong):thefinger:

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
THANK YOU VERY MUCH , understood & learned smth new :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

Wow,thanks alot for the sharing . B16A izzit enough for daily use n some track?i mean sumtime go to attend circuit open day bcz i found tht B18C or even B16B is quite expensive bt i think if reali 1 2 play it jus save it n mod it in 1 shot n enjoy THE POWER OF VTEC (dun shot me if i m wrong):thefinger:
I enjoy drive B16A everyday go to work. It's a good daily drive engine compare with turbo engine.
But if you really wan to join some track i think i better suggest you at least mod some typeR parts inside.
Eg: U can get B18CR cam, valve spring and pulley for early stage... then you will enjoy the power up slowly... and follow by flywheel, intake, exhaust and so on~

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I enjoy drive B16A everyday go to work. It's a good daily drive engine compare with turbo engine.
But if you really wan to join some track i think i better suggest you at least mod some typeR parts inside.
Eg: U can get B18CR cam, valve spring and pulley for early stage... then you will enjoy the power up slowly... and follow by flywheel, intake, exhaust and so on~
Thanks actually after u n another pro taught me , i gt some idea edi bt i saw few threads in zero2hundred they said tht B18C is nt powerful thn B20B n B16A . I stil doing research at here abt wat engine is power , which block is gd , intake , cam , piston , exhaust in S flow or str8 , 4-2-1 or 4-1,throttle body hw big , wat is 2L?i stil doing research abt tis few things bcz 1 2 learn smth hehe

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Thanks actually after u n another pro taught me , i gt some idea edi bt i saw few threads in zero2hundred they said tht B18C is nt powerful thn B20B n B16A . I stil doing research at here abt wat engine is power , which block is gd , intake , cam , piston , exhaust in S flow or str8 , 4-2-1 or 4-1,throttle body hw big , wat is 2L?i stil doing research abt tis few things bcz 1 2 learn smth hehe
Haha you saw my post or what? I was talking about B20 yesterday only :rofl:

Anyways! If you get the block of the crv (where the crankshaft is) + the head of a b16/b18 (whichever you preffer, type-r 1 is paling best) it will outperform the normal b16/b18. When you change the block it automatically becomes 2 liter compared to 1.6/1.8.

Bigger engine = can make more power :driver:

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Anyways! If you get the block of the crv (where the crankshaft is) + the head of a b16/b18 (whichever you preffer, type-r 1 is paling best) it will outperform the normal b16/b18. When you change the block it automatically becomes 2 liter compared to 1.6/1.8.

Lol i saw quite lot of threads yesterday night until 4am :confused:thanks for ur information hehe

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I understand bro, I also understand... you lucky you have a civic! Lots of parts here and there for it~~

I wanna cari stuff for my car they dont have locally, so many things must either custom or import from overseas haha :biggrin:

Happy modding anyway!

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I understand bro, I also understand... you lucky you have a civic! Lots of parts here and there for it~~

I wanna cari stuff for my car they dont have locally, so many things must either custom or import from overseas haha :biggrin:

Happy modding anyway!
Lol bro i dun hav civic la the civic owner is my dad d i jus planning to swap engine....18years old car all stock bt i tried in highway stock engine stil can go 210km/h bt took a long long time i played one b4 bt scary shit , u using ad resort?quite rare car hehe

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009

Now the sifu is talking, lol... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

MiniFans: Since its your dad's car, for first step go for B16A... Don let your Dad terkezzzut while drive the car while you mod all the type R things in...
Like my Dad try my car after I put in B16A into my EG, and he said...WoooooW byk power but exhaust sound too loud..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Lol bro i dun hav civic la the civic owner is my dad d i jus planning to swap engine....18years old car all stock bt i tried in highway stock engine stil can go 210km/h bt took a long long time i played one b4 bt scary shit , u using ad resort?quite rare car hehe

Hey same thing, the Nissan is not under my name but I consider it mine... Horrible son lah me haha :thefinger:

Yeah our old cars still can run 1 even tho its old :driver:. 2 years ago before I started modding my wagon can go around 180km/h but fully loaded... 4 people + luggage, and thats probably why I still want to keep it :proud:

Haha yes, I dont ever want to sell my car. Very proud of it since its rare :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

MiniFans: Since its your dad's car, for first step go for B16A... Don let your Dad terkezzzut while drive the car while you mod all the type R things in...
Like my Dad try my car after I put in B16A into my EG, and he said...WoooooW byk power but exhaust sound too loud..:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Haha what sifu now? I read alot only... Not sifu wan :driver:

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Lol bro nice advise i dun think my dad vil drive the civic since he old edi lazy to drive manual car i think he vil drive auto car haha.....bcz my house stil gt 1 auto car , u din tel ur dad exhaust nt loud car nt power haha

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Hey same thing, the Nissan is not under my name but I consider it mine... Horrible son lah me haha :thefinger:

Yeah our old cars still can run 1 even tho its old :driver:. 2 years ago before I started modding my wagon can go around 180km/h but fully loaded... 4 people + luggage, and thats probably why I still want to keep it :proud:

Haha yes, I dont ever want to sell my car. Very proud of it since its rare :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Haha what sifu now? I read alot only... Not sifu wan :driver:
LOL sifu halo haha read more also pro , both of u all pro la i stil gt quite lot of things to learn:biggrin: