SR20 Neo VVL into B13

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
U MUST CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY. i am sorry if i said this: your mechanic is not that reliable and not good enough.

any LSD GB will do. as long as it is meant for LSD. SUMO brand is good. if u have money, go for motul.

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
U MUST CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY. i am sorry if i said this: your mechanic is not that reliable and not good enough.

any LSD GB will do. as long as it is meant for LSD. SUMO brand is good. if u have money, go for motul.
Ok great, i managed to change it yesterday to the castrol lsd. Yes this mechanic is actually who did the transplant not my own meck, from 1 week he took 2 weeks plus to complete the engine transplant.

Motul is what i am thinking about after 20K KM, anyone or place you can recommend?

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
I do come across many after market parts for SR20 but not even 1 for SR16, can i use like the SR20 Adjustable Cam pulley in the SR16 engine?

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
custom made and took us some time to get it past the radiator fan. its a 4-1design and exit thru a side exit at the frt bumper.have yet tested it on the dyno but on our butt dyno engine rev up is smoother and very much more agressive onthe top whn first opening kicks in.

here's a closer look at the engine as it is currently, dun mind the gecko on the intake, it was a quiet day when one of the our "crative"staff decided to draw it so we tot it looked abit cool so we let the cicak stay.hehehe

Attachments

GTSR_Flavio

Jul 30, 2010
Manila
Yes sir you are right

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I managed to get a BLITZ SUs Power intake with BLITZ bracket, after fitting tested VVL it was very very nasty i think 5.8k RPM was loud and then when the 2nd kick in was even louder, haven't change the piping yet, cant wait to get the engine endorsed and change the piping.

Can anyone tell me the 2nd kick in is for Exhaust cam but what is the RPM it gets activated?

And is it ok to pull on 2nd gear up to 7K RPM then change gear to 3rd? i did this about 3 or 4 times but now a little worried to do that, i think i rather do it on the 3rd gear instead! will it cause any damage?

And currently i am using Castrol 80-90 gear oil for non lsd GB, but my GB is lsd so can i change the gear oil after 5K mileage? or its better to do no? after the came came out from wshop now it has clocked about 1.3K milleage in a week

Go get a greddy mss (multi switching sytem) can help you with the vvl activation. you can adjust the lift and timing. very noticeable gain. cheers!

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
MSS are super duper rare these days...even finding a used unit is a pain in the ass, let alone finding a new one..anywhere in the world. rectified and concurred by members at the states and australia
i was lucky to own it once..but its sold long time ago...hihihihi

there are other means of devices to activate both VVL function other than greddy MSS:

greddy e manage Ultimate
greddy e manage blue + rsm apexi blue version and above
HKS Fcon IS
Apexi Power Comannder.

the downside of all the items listed above is that they are not as user friendly as Greddy MSS.

keigo4552

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
kuala lumpur
Nw i install Neo vvl to my B13.
Should i install de meter together? Meter Neo vvl.
Coz i heard some sifu said must install or nt vvl wont work..
Tq sifu sekalian

yeeza

Known Member
Jul 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys the workshop in subang 2 can do standard b13 ? just got my ride but gear 1 to gear 2 jerk every time...previous owner said is the gb mounting ...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo bros..I got a question here.My paint is chipping pretty terribly.It's mostly at the front bumper.I hv brought to shop few times end up painting the whole bumper ( touch up ) and I got fed up of that as well.How can I DIY this problem.Eg I'm thinking of buying the paint and the 2K while touch it up myself.Will it be effective for me to DIY.What shld the steps likely.:wink:
Pld feed back sifuus...:smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience