SR20 Neo VVL into B13

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Anyone can suggest me a good meck or workshop who is well versed in SR series engine?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
G-5 Jalan Apollo CG U5/CG, Bandar Pinggiran Subang,
Subang 2, 401050 S.Alam Selangor.

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
G-5 Jalan Apollo CG U5/CG, Bandar Pinggiran Subang,
Subang 2, 401050 S.Alam Selangor.
Thanks bro, might be dropping by this Saturday.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Guys just wana check with you all whoever driving SR16 on a B13 Chassis, i managed to get about 360KM for RM80 Fuel, did tekan a number of times and always stuck in JAM from PJ to Puchong. is this normal or should i be getting a little more for RM80.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
RM80 buck is about 42ltr

yes.. that is your mileage

and swaping the 16VE out to 20VE will give you similiar mileage also..

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
I am so confused about the piping for my exhaust, yesterday went to 2 exhaust shop and asked them to quote for 2.5" piping and they said if i use 2.5" the car wont move, hmmm and i'm not in any situation to take any risk as i have just did engine swap and it costs money too, anyone in puchong or sunway area with SR16 using 2.5" piping mind to take a ride and show me? I dont understand the term if i use 2.5" the car wont move, confused, confused or anyone can recommend me a exhaust shop?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
car wont move = they all perli u
ask them back la, are u using Sr16neo? ever have experienced?

errr one question...as in your signature, it shows that you've once owned CIVIC EK3.
what's inside? B series or D series?

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
car wont move = they all perli u
ask them back la, are u using Sr16neo? ever have experienced?

errr one question...as in your signature, it shows that you've once owned CIVIC EK3.
what's inside? B series or D series?
It was a D15B Multimatic, I Just Converted The Body Part to EK9,99 Spec and Tein Type Flex, that engine was a superb engine gave a good milleage, thinking now why did i sold it :confused:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
just insist 2.5" saja la

friend..
want power.. prepare to pay for petrol

EK3 D15B got good mileage but power wise is different
those B16B also wont give you good mileage since they are designed to perform ,not economical

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
just insist 2.5" saja la

friend..
want power.. prepare to pay for petrol

EK3 D15B got good mileage but power wise is different
those B16B also wont give you good mileage since they are designed to perform ,not economical
Yea you are right, have to sacrifice you cant have both at the same time.

Anyone can recommend me a good exhaust shop :banghead:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
It was a D15B Multimatic, I Just Converted The Body Part to EK9,99 Spec and Tein Type Flex, that engine was a superb engine gave a good milleage, thinking now why did i sold it :confused:
so this is your first time meddling with the real 'valve timing and lift' type of engines..

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
so this is your first time meddling with the real 'valve timing and lift' type of engines..
Yes sir you are right

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I managed to get a BLITZ SUs Power intake with BLITZ bracket, after fitting tested VVL it was very very nasty i think 5.8k RPM was loud and then when the 2nd kick in was even louder, haven't change the piping yet, cant wait to get the engine endorsed and change the piping.

Can anyone tell me the 2nd kick in is for Exhaust cam but what is the RPM it gets activated?

And is it ok to pull on 2nd gear up to 7K RPM then change gear to 3rd? i did this about 3 or 4 times but now a little worried to do that, i think i rather do it on the 3rd gear instead! will it cause any damage?

And currently i am using Castrol 80-90 gear oil for non lsd GB, but my GB is lsd so can i change the gear oil after 5K mileage? or its better to do no? after the came came out from wshop now it has clocked about 1.3K milleage in a week

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
intake cams open at 5.8k
exhaust cams open at 6.8k

tested and proven over and over.

pull 2nd gear and above until 7k? aiyo bro...i always do that. no problem at all.
this is high rev engine and even it redlines at 8k rpm. cuts at 8.3k. so no worries.
the only thing you have to worry is your fuel.

why the heck u use non LSD oil for your GB? you are ruining your gearbox bro!!!

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
intake cams open at 5.8k
exhaust cams open at 6.8k

tested and proven over and over.

pull 2nd gear and above until 7k? aiyo bro...i always do that. no problem at all.
this is high rev engine and even it redlines at 8k rpm. cuts at 8.3k. so no worries.
the only thing you have to worry is your fuel.

why the heck u use non LSD oil for your GB? you are ruining your gearbox bro!!!
The meck la bro he said to use non lsd then after 5k mileage flush all out and put in a LSD oil, i also dont know anything about this. So should i change immediately or can i wait till its 5k then put in LSD Oil? And is Castrol ok? or any suggestion for LSD GB Oil?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys...i hav made a wrong decision...im using tuffoil for more than 10 bottle d...but i never use it for the present 5000km for my engine...why?...coz im now at studying at UUM, which is at very rural area, at sintok...the neaerest city would be alor setar...i cant find any tuffoil dealer here...anyone would like to recommand me?
im now using X1R as temporary replacement for tuffoil..but, the tappet sound reappeared....before putting X1R in to my engine, the forman recommand me to flush...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience