Big vibration from B14 SR20-VE

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Hi all,

Recently my B14 engine started to vibrate quite badly.. Can feel it through the steering wheel.

This happens for the first few km of driving everyday.
Sometimes it may even last longer.
It would seem that after the engine warm up, the vibration is gone..

Any ideas what could be wrong? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.. thx.

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
The 6 speed tiptronic.. Could it be gearbox issue?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
high chance

The triptronic box is well know for it problematic issue when transplant from halfcut

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Sigh... was really hoping it was just a mounting problem...

Apart from swapping out the entire gearbox is there any alternative fix for this?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
it mounting problem it will happen all the way even engine is warmed up

it possible your gearbox issue
or your engine issue as well since you mention after warm up only dont have this problem

kwfei28

Known Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cheras
But anyway it is good to check your mounting. Engine intend to vibrate more during cold. Probably once it heat up, you just dont feel the vibration to be that excessive. Cheers...

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Thanks for all your helps guys.. still trying to figure out how to get around this.

The past year have been on a tight budget thanks to the engine transplant.. so this has come as a bit of a setback for me..
Ppl say don't go biting off more than you can chew.. but when you're a speed junky.. I guess you can't help but blow all your savings on the car huh? Haha...
You know how it is..:itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've read it somewhere in ZTH that ppl have installed a custom switch that disables the fuel-pump. It got my attention but I wasn't able to find one in Penang. Someone kindly point me to the right direction. :)

Thanks in advance.

Oh and btw. Is it safe? As in will it 'accidentally' cut-off the fuel when you DON'T want it to? :shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience