sr20 neo vvl

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
anyone has any experience with this engine b4?wut is the usual problems, easy to get sparepart or not, performance wise? really appreciate 4 any advise.thinking of getting one soon...thx.:X-:

mohalw

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
Malaysia
U oso interesting in this type N/A engine? But the part damn expensive!

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
thats y laaa..a guy offered me for b13 wif sr20 neo..dunno la want to buy or not..scared if anything rosak...sangkut plak kete kat w/shop.

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
18k..not tiptronic..he changed to SR20. 5speed.

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
okla 18k for b13.. for tat engine. wat thing u scare before u buy u can take to some workshop check the engine is ok or not if not a big problem can buy it..

nsboy

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
KL
u better check as turbo engine are sensitive type of engine.. i'm using a sr20. get a good n trusted person 2 check if not later when u buy back got problem u need a lot of cash 2 settle it

ZaliU13SSS

Jun 29, 2006
my U13 had problem with SR20 NEO

hi evening everyone...
i've covert my U13 SR 20 DE to SR 20 VE (NEO VVL) tiptronic....after the engine converting process pass, i've had problem when shifting using the CVT gearbox....so i convert my gearbox to the SR20 LSD.....

but now....after converting the Gbox....i got one more problem now....when the car stopped, i can rammed my car up to 7500 rpm....but when cruising......when the RPM reach 5000....it cut-off automatically......and needs to shift to another gear, so my Neo cannot be operates....Noe can be able to operated when the RPM reach at 6200 rpm....

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
harh???
ur electrical problem...
Neo engine is a very powerful engine on NA based...
try read more review from new zealand and australia...
they have a lot of those engine in their cars...
these halfcuts are very very expensive

nsboy

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
KL
all performance car are expensive.. if you intend to play around with tat car then u must have extra cash if not there wouldn't be ending story..

abflug34

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
segamat/mersing
www.protonmania.com
ZaliU13SSS said:
hi evening everyone...
i've covert my U13 SR 20 DE to SR 20 VE (NEO VVL) tiptronic....after the engine converting process pass, i've had problem when shifting using the CVT gearbox....so i convert my gearbox to the SR20 LSD.....

but now....after converting the Gbox....i got one more problem now....when the car stopped, i can rammed my car up to 7500 rpm....but when cruising......when the RPM reach 5000....it cut-off automatically......and needs to shift to another gear, so my Neo cannot be operates....Noe can be able to operated when the RPM reach at 6200 rpm....
U SO UNLUCKY.. I HEARD YOUR PREVIOUS ENGINE WAS SR20DET
NEO VVL IS horrorble engine must stay standart wiring and meter to activate VVL
maybe u must use the original CVT gbox to settle back the problems
anyway goodluck

just my 2 cents

mohalw

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
Malaysia
ZaliU13SSS said:
hi evening everyone...

But last time i read in 1 magazine say that if ur SR20VE CVT system gt prob just find 1 SR16VE CVT system board to install in can already! But nv try this engine b4, so this is the magazine comment... :embaressed_smile:

raymond_4u

Apr 2, 2006
ZaliU13SSS said:
hi evening everyone...

Bro, I have did the same as you and i had the same prob but the solution is easy, just ask your mechanic to wire you gearbox wiring so that it shows the car is on D (drive) all the time, then you wont have this prob. Hope this helps.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There may be a new contender at Pikes Peak this year and the team is looking to dust off some dirt on their way up the legendary hill climb challenge ahead of the regulars in the Open Class like Nobuhiro ‘Monster’ Tajima and Rhys Millen.

The contender in question originates from the Andros Trophy, a French ice racing series that pulls in all thebig names from the continent, much like how Pikes Peak pulls...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience