Spotted: What not to do a BMW 1-Series Coupe

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
I bet we'd see this setup abt a few weeks time in penang.. this 1series is definitely the trendsetter for our local ahbeng.. kedai abang also would introduce their 'whiteout' head n rear lamps lineup soonest possible. Prepare for nosebleed lads.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
I like it, good base to start from.

I'd de-chrome the car (e.g. grilles).
I'd de-tag the M logo.
I'd strip the car and roll cage it.
Slam the car and put a huge ass time-attack wing and front under chin spoiler.

Heh.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
"u can't see my eyes... but i can see u talking behind meeee................"

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Damn, fugly
My Wira looks better

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Damn, fugly
My Wira looks better

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
If u join most of their (SG) car forum, they talk about Msia as if we are a cowboy town or something, they say most of our cars are modded with fake/cheap stuffs etc... but lookin at that BMW is just.... sum everything up!

Last edited:

Airmund

Mar 10, 2009
Hmmm, I agree that it doesn't look really nice, and his style might not be everyone's cup of tea although there is some creativity. But what i dont understand is the generalisation of Singapore's cars. I'm from Singapore and I frequent Malaysia and have friends in KL. Cars in Singapore are generally better maintained because the cost of owning one is many times more than in Malaysia, and we can't mod our cars like in Malaysia (such as swapping engines and such). Thus I can understand why some owners like to mod their car using stickers and such and doing really minor albeit less effective mods because they are still legal in our country.

I never fail to be impressed by the mods done to Malaysian cars and am always jealous of my friends from the north with nice souped up cars, and always admire a nice car when I see one, regardless of where it might be in the world. I don't like the look of that white BMW, but similarly there are thousands of cars that leave me scratching my head when i'm in Malaysia. I've seen cars with 5 different colored panels and 4 different wheels, I've seen the weirdest spoilers on cars in Malaysia too (3 different spoilers on the same car). But I've never generalised that Malaysians have bad taste or only in Malaysia can you find distasteful cars, because I'm aware that in Singapore we have ugly looking mods too.

I guess I'm just ranting coz it hits a raw nerve when I see "Singapore" being targetted in the posts, because indirectly its talking about me and my car too. I dare say most cars in Singapore look better (because they are mostly stock and kept pristinely clean). So perhaps its unfair to ridicule another country on a website that can be seen around the world, before first taking a look around yourself.

Have a good weekend everyone, hope I didn't offend anyone.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Airmund, Don't get us wrong. We are not targeting Singapore but it so happened that this ugly mod came from your country. It's alright to mod it however if it's a cheap car but a beemer? A new model that is. We do apologize if you get offended that you think we are trying to say 'Singapore cars are badly modded'. We have thousands of fugly cars of our own but too bad this Beemer takes the cake.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any wira owners got do leg room light .... can teach me how to mount the light ar ? coz i cannot find any place la ..... any sample or explaination ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience