Sound Proofing, is it working & worth the $$$?

AIRA

Jan 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello guys, I own a Proton Wira 1.3 year 2002 and not satisfy with the sound my car makes while driving. I've talked with accessory shop guys who said it can be resolved with installing sound proofing mat on my car. He said it cost rm800 total to cover the dashboard area, 4 doors, front bonnet, underneath the carpet, and finally the trunks and it took a half day to be done. He said it can't eliminate all the sound, but will definitely reduce it. So i'm a lil bit skeptical about it, and here i want to know if any of ZTH Forumers have done soundproofing to your whole car and share the results. TQ and have a nice day :)

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Its worth it if u r really bothered by the outside noise. What is the material the shop will be using? Some really helps, some just at minimum..

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Theres some reputable sound proof materials in the forum. Try search for it and make comparisons

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
tha material is the sound proofing mat, kinda like a black sponge like the carfit model

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

kinda like this : CARFIT Front Bonnet Custom Made Sound Proof - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
If it's this material, ie-superlon / insuflex, the noise reduction will be there but minimal. The noise from your Wira is caused by the rattling of loose plastic boards and metal or are you complaining about tyre noise, wind noise, etc?