2005 Gen2 Got Irritating Sound

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Hi all, my younger brother's 05 Gen2 got a very irritating sound from the bottomside of his engine bay especially when slowly drive on rough road such as kampung road. He checked the absorber mounting and the absorber itself but no problem. One mechanic suggest him to change the absorber link rod as he said that's the common problem for waja and Gen2. He changed it but the sound still occur. Anybody experienced this problem before? Is it engine mounting problem? How much is the price for 1 set(4 pieces) original Proton engine mounting for Gen2? Hope any sifu can help him to solve this problem.

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
No the sound is like solid metal to metal hitting. The sound appeared not only when take turn and it become more obvious when drive on rough road. Just now my lil bro told me, he tested drive his car on the highway, another problem occurred after changed the absorber link rod. The steering was shaking when he drove 120km/h and above, like the wheels was unbalanced. He claims that he did on wheel balancing just 2 weeks ago and this problem didn't appeared before the absorber link rod change. Pity him

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
car met accident before this?

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
The car is accident free. I don't think it's the exhaust pipe hitting something because the sound came from the below part of the engine bay. My lil bro told me his last effort might be changing all the engine mounts:dontknow:. But I ask him to wait for ZTH sifus reply on this forum before changing it. Please sifus, help my bro:adore:

NiD84

Sep 9, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm..sorry for interruption....
i got the same problem with my wira....it happened after i changed the abs and spring to sport type(used)....and i already changed the lower arm but still got that sound....and now considering to change all the lower arm, anti roll bar and new suspension system.....anyone ....please help:banghead::banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any performance parts for it ? can u list down the item and price ? let say sohc and dohc... thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience