Gen2 Auto need help!

55Cent

Feb 24, 2005
Hi All,

I need help here, my gen2 04 model Auto model.

I had done exhaust system upgrade to 4-2-1, short bullet then a long bullet and follow by a s-flow muffler.

i do not find any improvement at all and the pick up is bad and not as good as original stock setting, and worst still my consumption wasn't promising either. on average the consumption is around 20cent/KM, if city driving is around 25cent/KM.

Can someone suggest me how to improve on the exhaust system?

other mod which i had done so far.

K&N drop in filter

Thank a million!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Gen2 is a high revving engine, try pedal to metal n u might get the "kick" u want...

Rafale

Known Member
Dec 10, 2006
Selangor KLIA
What brand of extractor are you using? probably could try to change those bullet to midbox?
my campro auto is also installed with 4-2-1 extractor, smaller than OEM louvered midbox + Sflow muffler and no change to the piping size as well. Better pickup and top end compared to stock, plus the FC is pretty much the same. RM50 fill up usually will last around 340-360km on 85% highway driving.

Jan 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro,

Depend on power or FC saving,

More Power > Bad FC
optimum power > good FC
Less Power > Bad

However, i change to 4-2-1 extractor, mid-bullet but NOT muffler, i just using the stock muffler with optimum diameter but stock piping.

Imagine, if the diameter of piping & too big, the O2 sensor will feel not enuf fuel to burn and the ECU (otak) will think to "Eat" more. i advise the economic way to adjust the "RIGHT" throttle setting by add one small filter (Intake adjustable) through Vacumm hose.

And this will cheat the ECU that it "Eat" more but actually the air, not fuel.

And honestly, if you are heavy footer, your Gen2 FC would not be 25cen/km city drive ie. your FC is normal.

if you are a good driver, you really need to learn how to drive "Auto" car by shifting much more with 3rd & 4th Gear as Gen2 is high revving car.

Note: my Gen2 working doesn't mean your Gen2 working.

:driver:

55Cent

Feb 24, 2005
exhaust piping diameter? too big can cause this issue too
Wasn't sure, i'll have to contact the person who arrange to coordinate the exhaust shop fellow who welded the set up.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Gen2 is a high revving engine, try pedal to metal n u might get the "kick" u want...
sure does, but not a practical solution.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Bro,

Depend on power or FC saving,

More Power > Bad FC
optimum power > good FC
Less Power > Bad

However, i change to 4-2-1 extractor, mid-bullet but NOT muffler, i just using the stock muffler with optimum diameter but stock piping.

Imagine, if the diameter of piping & too big, the O2 sensor will feel not enuf fuel to burn and the ECU (otak) will think to "Eat" more. i advise the economic way to adjust the "RIGHT" throttle setting by add one small filter (Intake adjustable) through Vacumm hose.

And this will cheat the ECU that it "Eat" more but actually the air, not fuel.

And honestly, if you are heavy footer, your Gen2 FC would not be 25cen/km city drive ie. your FC is normal.

if you are a good driver, you really need to learn how to drive "Auto" car by shifting much more with 3rd & 4th Gear as Gen2 is high revving car.

Note: my Gen2 working doesn't mean your Gen2 working.

:driver:
Good pointed there friend.

can you elaborate more on this statement?

"i advise the economic way to adjust the "RIGHT" throttle setting by add one small filter (Intake adjustable) through Vacumm hose.

And this will cheat the ECU that it "Eat" more but actually the air, not fuel."

Appreciate if you can show me the picture or something.

thank you

i don't drive with heavy right foot, im quite conscious with fuel consumption as gen2 temp to sip more when heavy throttle.

what i want is smooth pick up, the vios is a good example which is the feeling i'll like to achieve, minimum throttle and the car pick up smoothly without issue.

Jan 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro,

Gen2 weight about 1.2 tonnes whereby vios got bout 1 tonnes only, by vary of 200kg, that's why the vios pik up so smooth.

by high revving engine, the Gen2 is tuned for 3k rpm and above. u go one around Genting Highland, u will understand what i meant.

However, if you do not intend to modify by cost > RM 3k, just learn to shift more on gear 2nd & 3rd and try NOT to let your RPM drop below 2.5K RPM.

NOTE: It is merely a disadvantage of Gen2, that's why Proton come out with Campro CPS & IAFM with a slightly low revving engine.

Suggestion: you may change the Spark plug & iridium plug to inprove engine respond, or change to Brand "W" throttle body with E-manage in which i think a bit too costly la.

the above statement to do represent any advertisement.

d

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hi, agree with most of the tai kors' comments especially the 'pedal to the metal' concept.

Looks like you are looking for a smooth power delivery with slight dip of the throttle kind of driver. No offence, different people got different styles.

To be frank, the empty campro won't satisfy such drivers as happened to my friend too. Just to share what I have been through with the exhaust.

My first empty campro with 4-2-1, bullet and s-flow. Erm, doesn't really see huge improvements.

My second empty campro with 4-1, stock middle muffler and stock rear muffler. Low rpm suffers but you will be happy from 4000rpm - 6000rpm, automatic gear changes at 6100++rpm.

As advised by many sifus, high rpm is the only way for empty campro, unless iafm equipped.

A way to cheat yourself is to install the throttle response device to offset the pedal:throttle opening.

Hope it helps, just my little opinion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

these are some of the result i tried using this product, Optimum Power Clean
paint surface safe as well

1 day after 50/50 for a ONR cleaned combine with OPC, the right side is untouched, raining, to b clear the water start to hav some beading while the dity part stick the water together collecting dust

how about car interior? leather seats? no problem...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience