Proton Gen2 - Cannot Start

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
Hi All,

I've been facing this problem for few weeks now. My car is a proton gen2 1.6 (M). The issue i'm facing is that, sometimes my car wont start. This happen each time the check engine indicator is on. I have sent to proton to check and when they plugged in the PDT it shows Fuel Pump error. So i have changed the fuel pump and erase the error but still the problem occurred.
Right now what i do is unplugged the battery (for few hours, sometimes days) then plugged in back, then the car will start. But after driving for few minutes, when turn off the engine, it wont start again and the check engine indicator will light up.
So i need your advise, what is the problem with my car???

p/s : battery is in good condition. When i crank, there is sound but it wont start, like the fuel was not delivered.

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
check the crankshaft sensor.. it will cost you 500 (if kaput)... happened to me before :driver:

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
Pergh...500...damm koyak lagi...thanks bro

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Try cheking fuel pump relay under the dashboard.. if that faulty will cause engine light on and read fuel pump error on pdt.. engine also wont start.. happen to me before. Hope this will help. Good luck.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm new in using car sticker. I've attached a picture to show the problem I faced when sticking car sticker. Pls any SIFUS can help me...Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience