Gen2 abs problem.

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I'm driving a gen-2 cps and it's been 2 yrs nw. lately my abs activate when it's nt neccesary and sometimes the abs light lighted up. I have gt it check by a workshop in sunway, they help me 2 reset my ecu bt it doesnt help. any sifu have experience in tis pls help! :bawling:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Perhaps the ABS sensor kong already

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Is it possible for me 2 remove the whole abs system? or maybe by just removing the relay? would it cause any problem?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
It is better to bring your car to a workshop, tell the foreman to do a diagnostic check. Plug in a computer into your car to confirm whether the ABS sensor is kong already or not.

why you want to remove it? it is for safety feature. If you remove it, from Anti-lock Braking System become Aku Brake Sendiri later.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Ooi, y wanna remove the ABS system from yr car? its a very important safety feature n ppl pay a premium to have it on their car. send it in for a checkup b4 deciding anything. before they reset the ECU did they see what faults are on? did they check on those faults before resetting? if u have reset twice and the same faults show up means there is a failure somewhere...

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
yes, i have check it and they told me tat it's bcoz of the front abs sensor. they help me 2 clean the sensors and wat i cn do nw i pray that no further trouble. xD
thx for all the help!
btw i prefer aku brake sendiri. haha

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
reset the error code and clean the abs sensor - should be ok..
if it happens again....then need to change the sensor, quite costly part.

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
reset the error code and clean the abs sensor - should be ok..
if it happens again....then need to change the sensor, quite costly part.
i have washed d sensor...it's ok for 1st few days thn it gt prob again...so my sensor kong ady???
is it possible 2 just remove d whole abs system???:bawling:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Is it possible for me 2 remove the whole abs system? or maybe by just removing the relay? would it cause any problem?
u defenitely can sir, if u r can apply the brakes efficiently, i dont see y there wud be any safety issue if u remove it. there are many cars on the road witout the abs, selambaa.. or u can get a better unit from the mitsu, or get a full set from sum conti halfcut

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
u defenitely can sir, if u r can apply the brakes efficiently, i dont see y there wud be any safety issue if u remove it. there are many cars on the road witout the abs, selambaa.. or u can get a better unit from the mitsu, or get a full set from sum conti halfcut
Actually wat do i hav 2 remove??? pls help, it's reli bothering me...haha...i dont mind aku brake sendiri...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The late 80s and early and mid 90s are considered to be the 'golden era of motorsport', in the world of four wheels Ayrton Senna was amazing the world with his magic and a manufacturers war at the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters between Mercedes and BMW created a cult following that is still alive today.

Over the years there have been plenty of videos celebrating this 'golden era of DTM' racing and a number of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience