Sound Advice Needed, About to spend 125k on Civic

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
Hi there guys, I have just seen the Honda Civic 2.0 I Vtec Model at the Kah Motors Showroom in KL. It will be costing me 125k ringgit on the road and i was just wondering if i could get some sound feedback on whether or not it would be a good buy. I am looking to buy in about 2-3 days. Have trawled quite a number of websites in regards to this car, but i would dearly appreciate some firsthand advice from anyone who is able to provide it. I am also open to suggestions on what cars that are a reasonable purchase at about 125k. I prefer a car with a sporty nature, reasonably powerful, yet user friendly/work friendly. Im 21/m. Many thanks in advance to anyone in ZTH who can help me out here. Cheers.

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
There must be someone out there who have had some prior experience with this car, or has had some acquaintance who has some experience with it. Hopefully i can get some useful advice on this issue. It is kinda urgent, because i might just buy this car tomorrow. HELP ME!

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
performance wise this car does not performe like the one in merdeka race due to a diff type of engine ..... for driving pleasure ok .. for power no ...

if you going for power get dc5 those type-r models but i thinki not ep3 ..but if you get nthis car you can also transplant it to a K series wengine but what i guess not worth to do so coz it is a new car :)

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
Hi Jasper, I have actually not been able to find a DC5 Type R anywhere, and even if i did, it would probably cost closer to the 200k mark. I went to Naza, and had a look at their cars, they had an EP3 Civic Type R going for 175k. I was able to bring that down to 160k, but still it was way out of my budget. They did have an 2001 Red Evo 7 going for 155k, sadly with 85k kms. About this Civic, I wasnt really expecting Type R performance, on paper it has 155hp/177nm. I would likely test drive it tomorrow, and therefore, a high chance i would make a decision. More info and comments would be GREATTT!

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
hehe go test drive it :) just an info type-r kseries engine is totally not the same as Normal road crv and all K series and allt hose internal can be say can't be transfer internally :)...

Aetobatus

Known Member
Jul 30, 2004
Visit site
Read the full review here!

If you're ever thinking about reselling the car in a couple years time, get it early next year. Buying a new car at the end of the year car normally hurt the resale value.. or so I was told.

Turbo676

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
There is a ES civic with an K20 transplanted from a DC5 for sale in the motor trader. Practical + Fun. just a lil over a 100k.

yum yum

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
Jasper > i will be test driving the car either tomorrow or monday :)

Aerobatus > A hundred thanks for that link to that review. I have learnt much. It has taken much doubt in my mind in regards to the car's performance and worth. Also, i would most definitely be buying the car in the next few days instead of waiting til early next year because i am also trading in my 96' 318i Beemer, and i have been offered a reasonable trade in price for it (Kah Honda KL), and this offer will not hold until early next year :(

Turbo676 > Yes i have seen it. I am actually not really in the mind to go back into the modifying scene. I have had enough of it :D Thanks for your suggestion though.

KnightLTU

Nov 16, 2004
Originally posted by alalio@Nov 26 2004, 23:09
Hi Jasper, I have actually not been able to find a DC5 Type R anywhere, and even if i did, it would probably cost closer to the 200k mark. I went to Naza, and had a look at their cars, they had an EP3 Civic Type R going for 175k. I was able to bring that down to 160k, but still it was way out of my budget. They did have an 2001 Red Evo 7 going for 155k, sadly with 85k kms. About this Civic, I wasnt really expecting Type R performance, on paper it has 155hp/177nm. I would likely test drive it tomorrow, and therefore, a high chance i would make a decision. More info and comments would be GREATTT!
How's the test drive going? Make up your mind yet? :lol:

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Get it in NH-0 Nighthawk Black Pearl. It goes very well with the all-black interior. To illustrate the attention to detail, only Malaysia gets the 2-DIN 6CD MP3 head unit in black.

Other countries get it in Chrome/silver! Yuck!

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
KnightLTU > Test drive would be arranged for tomorrow. Today raining too heavily :(

scudracer > Lol my choice is already black/black

EG8 > Thats true unfortunately. Not all the used car dealers I have been to offered me a price even remotely reasonable for the beemer. So I actually dont have as much choice as i would wish to have.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
why not opt for the E7...
if i had budget till 150k..
i go for the New accord/ the Evo7 u mentioned...
i got my accord for 139k, i think not bad as an option too mah..
but now the price rise to 144k liao <_<

Aetobatus

Known Member
Jul 30, 2004
Visit site
alailo,

Glad it helped. Good luck with your new ride! If you ever need to learn more about the model, visit 7thgencivic. It's an excellent resource for the EM/ES and EP3 Civic though its based in the US. If there's anything else I can assist you with.. just holler! ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The curtains may have closed on the 2010 Formula One season but more importantly, it also marked the end of Bridgestone’s participation in the top tier of motorsports as a tyre supplier, paving the way for Pirelli to take over the reigns of rubber maker for 2011.

Even after the champagne has dried up, the teams never actually left the Yas...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience