SMART tunnel sg besi uneven road

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
and they gonna charge a lot for this "first world facility". what a joke. use it while its free!

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
it is first of its kind in the world hehhe ..

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
ya i too dunno how that bus suddenly appear out of nowhere....whatever it is, its scary and aint healthy.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
if you look at the video and if the video is focused on the same spot than they should do something for that bend.
It seems that most of the car reaches there also sliding out of control...
hhhm.....wonder what's behind the camera focus?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
if you look at the video and if the video is focused on the same spot than they should do something for that bend.
It seems that most of the car reaches there also sliding out of control...
hhhm.....wonder what's behind the camera focus?
Hei bOOn, looks like at the back of the camera got 1 director...
Action..... cut... coz looks like most of the cars and bus / lorry pull their handbrake onli...hehehehe....

mokomoko..just my opinion onli arh...not harming u..
but thats a good movie...learing to drift inside the tunnel..hehehe...

bujang_hensem

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
i use that tunnel today for the first time...what a shame..RM billion project but the quality look like overprice...when ever related to G project...it almost like P1 quality...haiya...to much overprice

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
hehe dun say like tat bujang hansem...coz the tunnel main purpose is not for us to drive comfortabily inside there ..but because the sewage system..the highway is secondary onli .. we pay for the flood system also .. tats is how our gov do things hehe ..

John_Smith

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
USJ
Visit site
Got classification of floods wan u know....

flashflood cannnot be used in the smart longkang...
but stormwater flood can...

Haha!

Tat was wat happened at recent flashflood at Jln Duta

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hahaha...what ever problem also got their reason to talk la...
'Boleh-land' ma...'siapa ada duit, apa pun boleh la' hahahaha.....

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
izzit announced that the tol fees is rm2?

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
apparently, the water drainage system of the SMART tunnel is still under construction and not ready yet.......oni the vehicle tunnel is ready and opened up.......

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
I heard it's only going to be ready by August........

John_Smith

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
USJ
Visit site
Uncle Sam very "smart"....open the vehicle tunnel to collect toll first

then when KL really banjir, say smart longkang not ready to channel water yet.

:X-:

i think from now on, i will not park my car at basement parking when ever i'm in kl.

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
after major flood 2 days ago

Samy Vello should just resign. lagi takda malu ka. pooda citt!

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
PM wants flood alleviation projects completed fast

PM wants flood alleviation projects completed fast

THOUSANDS of Klang Valley folk came to work to KL yesterday, only to find the city in a huge mess after a four-hour downpour had left many places in town under water.

Besides houses and shops, the Industrial Court which is housed in the Sultan Abdul Samad Building, the Dataran Merdeka car park and the basement car parks of several hotels along Jalan Sultan Ismail were also affected. It will take three days to clean up the Dataran Merdeka basement alone.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has now asked for all projects to prevent floods in the federal capital, especially the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel or SMART Project, to be speeded up.

The RM1.9bil project, if it had been in place, would have prevented Sungai Klang bursting its banks at the Masjid Jamek area on Sunday night.

Although SMART's road tunnel portion has been opened to traffic, its flood diversion component will only be operational next month, when 200 dams and retention ponds, now being built, are ready.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
SMART toll set at RM2

SMART toll set at RM2

KUALA LUMPUR: Users of the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART) will be charged a RM2 toll from 11.59pm on June 14, Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said.

He said the toll would be increased again in three years, adding that the price was right as the tunnel concessionaire had forked out RM640mil to build it.

Noting that there was no Government subsidy involved, he said: “In any part of the world where tunnels are built, the toll is higher.

“It is also an alternative route. Road users can continue to use the existing highway but if you need to speed up your journey, then use the tunnel,” he told reporters after opening a meeting of senior Works Ministry officers.

Motorists can enter the road tunnel from the Kuala Lumpur-Seremban Expressway near the Sungai Besi airfield runway and exit either at Jalan Davis and Jalan Tun Razak near the Kampung Pandan roundabout, or vice-versa.

The tunnel is open only to cars, MPVs and SUVs not exceeding 2m in height. No motorcycles, buses or lorries are allowed. Touch ‘n Go and SmartTag facilities are available for paying toll.

Asked why flash floods were still occurring even though the tunnel was open, Samy Vellu said he believed the Drainage and Irrigation Department (DID) had many projects underway to deal with the problem.

It was reported previously that the floodwater diversion part of the SMART project would only be operational next month, while the motorway tunnel was opened on May 14.

The project would be fully operational only after the construction of some 200 dams and flood retention ponds.
what does he meant by believes??....meaning to say he doesn't know what is going on?!

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
in case the pond if full with water...where will the water go next?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If i want to sell a car to a person(stranger),what is the procedure?
-Do i need to bring it to Puspakom?
-Need any JPJ approval?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience