Car selling procedure

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
If i want to sell a car to a person(stranger),what is the procedure?
-Do i need to bring it to Puspakom?
-Need any JPJ approval?

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Loan still active or fully settled?

Need to go JPJ for the following:

1. Endorse IC for both seller & buyer (need to paste the IC on a JPJ form, fill up the necessary details)
2. Puspakom inspection required prior to transfer

Full details / procedures can be found here Portal Rasmi Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm interested to know as well. Puspakom is a definite must from what I understand.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Loan still active or fully settled?

Need to go JPJ for the following:

1. Endorse IC for both seller & buyer (need to paste the IC on a JPJ form, fill up the necessary details)
2. Puspakom inspection required prior to transfer

Full details / procedures can be found here Portal Rasmi Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia
When is it "safe" to hand over the ownership of the car? When does the money come into place?

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
I'm interested to know as well. Puspakom is a definite must from what I understand.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

When is it "safe" to hand over the ownership of the car? When does the money come into place?
If it's between individual, i guess to be safe, would suggest that after going through the whole process, on the day where final transfer i.e. changing the name on the reg. card takes place, the buyer should be present with amount due (ask for bank draft / banker's cheque since it's not safe to carry so much cash around & personal cheque validity is questionable).

Between individual, a buyer would not agree to deposit huge or full amount to seller, probably only a small amount as deposit while the seller would worry about collecting the balance of payment after the ownership transfer. With that, i guess the best way out would be using bank draft / banker's cheque.

Would usually get runner to do the transfer as the hassle of going through JPJ process can be damn tiring & frustrating. Other than the waiting time, worst would be system down especially of late when their newly introduced computing system seems to be very unstable & keep going down resulting in a lot of back logs.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it's between individual, i guess to be safe, would suggest that after going through the whole process, on the day where final transfer i.e. changing the name on the reg. card takes place, the buyer should be present with amount due (ask for bank draft / banker's cheque since it's not safe to carry so much cash around & personal cheque validity is questionable).

Between individual, a buyer would not agree to deposit huge or full amount to seller, probably only a small amount as deposit while the seller would worry about collecting the balance of payment after the ownership transfer. With that, i guess the best way out would be using bank draft / banker's cheque.

Would usually get runner to do the transfer as the hassle of going through JPJ process can be damn tiring & frustrating. Other than the waiting time, worst would be system down especially of late when their newly introduced computing system seems to be very unstable & keep going down resulting in a lot of back logs.
Thanks for the advice. Do you have any recommended runners?

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Thanks for the advice. Do you have any recommended runners?
Bro Izso, planning to change car?

My last own transfer was quite a while ago, gotta call up that guy to see if he is still contactable, if so will pass the contact to you.

More recent ones are through car dealers.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro Izso, planning to change car?

My last own transfer was quite a while ago, gotta call up that guy to see if he is still contactable, if so will pass the contact to you.

More recent ones are through car dealers.
Selling my less favored car. My Wira is staying for now. :biggrin: I don't really trust car dealers unless he's a friend. I know some of the dirty tactics these guys do, especially if their business isn't good to begin with. I prefer to deal direct with buyers.

tangtang22

Jul 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Just sold my car so i may be able to help..

So what u need to do is to go puspakom n then to JPJ with seller. Cos now with the mysikap thing, runner may not be able to do it edi. Its really easy n straightforward, n all the forms u need can easily get at JPJ.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
this is the procedure when i sold my car.
1. car was still under finance, told buyer to go to the bank together & settle my outstanding loan there, bout rm6k++.
2. buyer didnt want to as scared i cheated him.
3. so i paid for full settlement, got the release letter few days later.
4. called puspakom PMI (Premier MObile Service), rm30 if u go to puspakom yourself, PMI costs extra Rm100, total Rm130, they come
to your house to inspect your car, if u have dark tint no choice have to tear it off, cannot kautim as they need to take pic as proof.
5. called buyer told him that puspakom approved.
6. buyer came to house to have a final look at the car & make payment.
7. both of us decided to complete the transaction over at the bank.
8. went to bank, he wired to me the full amount, he sign the acknowledge letter from me, stated that he made full payment etc...
9. handed over the keys to him & drove off.
10. next day met at JPJ to transfer name & thats all.

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Thanks for the info bros
The car no loans(bought cash)

Do Puspakom inspect the car,what kind of inspection?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Thanks for the info bros
The car no loans(bought cash)

Do Puspakom inspect the car,what kind of inspection?
check no sambung kereta, tint according to specs & engine # tallies with stated on reg card.
if u are busy & dun wanna spend the whole day in puspakom, i suggest go for PMI.
they are very punctual on their time, my appointment was 1pm, they arrived at 1250pm.
will take bout 20-30 mins from time of arrival to the time u recieve the print out report

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
this is the procedure when i sold my car.
1. car was still under finance, told buyer to go to the bank together & settle my outstanding loan there, bout rm6k++.
2. buyer didnt want to as scared i cheated him.
3. so i paid for full settlement, got the release letter few days later.
4. called puspakom PMI (Premier MObile Service), rm30 if u go to puspakom yourself, PMI costs extra Rm100, total Rm130, they come
to your house to inspect your car, if u have dark tint no choice have to tear it off, cannot kautim as they need to take pic as proof.
5. called buyer told him that puspakom approved.
6. buyer came to house to have a final look at the car & make payment.
7. both of us decided to complete the transaction over at the bank.
8. went to bank, he wired to me the full amount, he sign the acknowledge letter from me, stated that he made full payment etc...
9. handed over the keys to him & drove off.
10. next day met at JPJ to transfer name & thats all.
Acknowledge letter made by you?

What if the buyer is getting a loan instead of cash?
They get the loan and pay to you if not wrong.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
izso,
if buyer taking up loan, the bank will disburse the money to the seller.

SF,
yes, a simple draft letter will do.
Can I just use yours as template? :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my iswara currently running on LMST full exhaust system( muffler n the exact piping taken from LMST)...

if i'm not mistaken, the piping diameter is bigger than the ordinary iswara isnt it??

if i change the piping diameter to smaller 1... what will happen? I mean like any changes?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience