Simple Water Injection System

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
for turbo cars you are advised to install nozzle in intake against airflow to maximise atomization. depending on what kind of pressure pump you will see a decrease of maximum 0.5 psi which you can counter. it is fairly important to have a pump because if it comes out in droplets there would be negative effects.

i plan to run WI as a safety measure against engine knocking under boost. also reportedly there is a loss of rwhp with water injection but it is better that than a new engine.

If you can tune your fuel controller then definitely you will have savings (marginal)
the only problem is that if you have tuned with WI then if water runs out you stand the chance of actually causing damage. my take

Kodiak_gbl

Known Member
Feb 24, 2005
Johor
Visit site
mengz said:
the problem is like drexchan said, its at one end of the plenum chamber. most of the vapour goes into one cylinder only. unless we can tebuk one lubang in the middle of the plenum? will it go in evenly to all 4 cylinders? or have 4 holes. one ontop of each runners.
its true that most likely the water will get sucked into the nearest cylinder. If theres a way to atomise the water before it enters the cylinders, maybe its easier for it to be sucked into all the cylinders. (Dunno if this is true)

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i'm not too sure which car you intend to install on but best bet would be after intercooler. you can also install into each intake plenum but please make sure the pump and jets spray a mist and not droplets.

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
takumi san...

i see that your modz is directing to the fuel rail.. not the pcv rite???

can u show us another clear pics of the bottle.. is it the hose end attached to the bottle just on top of it or is it to the bottom... and how's the valve opening.. full or1/2 or 1/3 or 1/4

have to use filtered or mineral water to prevent karat rite

EDIT : i think urs not actually directing it into to fuel rail rite.. it's into vacum hose connecting to TB is it.. pls correct me if i'm wrong.. still blur on the bottle.. if only got one hose there, wont it kemek coz water being sucked from it... pls show us diagram can arr.. sifu ;)

Last edited:

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
c-ground said:
how about a fifth injector with independant water pump.

At least one can contrl the ammount of water being injected according to the engine speed.
hmmm... that will be costly already la i think unless can DIY la... & where to place the 5th injector & what/where to shoot at... inside TB?

does anyone here knows how's the outdoor fan that got water vapour works haa...

cant we use the air cond water that drops from cabin thru rubber hose which is located at the firewall...???

Last edited:

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
k0m3n9 said:
takumi san...

i see that your modz is directing to the fuel rail.. not the pcv rite???

can u show us another clear pics of the bottle.. is it the hose end attached to the bottle just on top of it or is it to the bottom... and how's the valve opening.. full or1/2 or 1/3 or 1/4

have to use filtered or mineral water to prevent karat rite

EDIT : i think urs not actually directing it into to fuel rail rite.. it's into vacum hose connecting to TB is it.. pls correct me if i'm wrong.. still blur on the bottle.. if only got one hose there, wont it kemek coz water being sucked from it... pls show us diagram can arr.. sifu ;)
hi k0m3n9 san..

yup.. that hose connecting to vacum hose. valve opening are
1.Full open for originial hose
2.1/4 open for de water suction hose. this to make sure that the system not
suck all the water in one shot. this will reduce car perfomence leeh!

the hose is untill de bottom of de bottle lehh.. suck de water till booliao! :_:
yes, use filtered or mineral water to prevent karat which is not good for ur car healthy! hehehehe...

fuel consumption, no change.. full tank can go 505.55km.

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
thx takumi san for the explanation...

btw what i hv in my head for now is sumthing like below... wif the connection may be the same as takumi's setting...

will this work???? need comments + suggestions from all pls...

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it is my understanding of WI that a pump is required to vaporize the system. how come many of you are running without pump?

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
phat7....

hmm.. pump heh.. actually am still thinking...
blur how actually pump works.. how it will vaporize the water.. can explain lil bit.. or any diagram/pics to make it more clear
just curious... afraid pump will suck water into the engine more than suppose it should be.. & may harm the piston :stupido3: correct me if i'm wrong..

the reason i come out wif the above diagram is becoz i think the vacum should hv enuf presure to suck the air along wif small amount of water (sikit2)... as long the water tank/bottle (whatever u might call it) dont have any air leakage....and by the time the water entering the engine i think it should vaporized by the hot temp already... just a theory la :stupido3: ...my diagram might not working as expected.. maybe sumone here got better idea :idea: so we share2 la

Last edited:

Kodiak_gbl

Known Member
Feb 24, 2005
Johor
Visit site
A pump would be a good idea. That will really vaporise the water. But most times ppl like to keep it simple and just rely on the manifold vacume. Well, thats how it was done last time at least. There's not much documentation about water injection systems anymore.

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
k0m3n9 said:
thx takumi san for the explanation...

btw what i hv in my head for now is sumthing like below... wif the connection may be the same as takumi's setting...

will this work???? need comments + suggestions from all pls...
Ooo idea is ok! but how u want to control de water suck to de vacum area?
how u want to realize that idea?!?!.. customized some bottle etc?!?..
i think really trouble some.. .

the main idea for my WI version is.. water suck into vacum area must be really
in small2 quantity only.. otherwise.. ur engine will be like jerking..

i think, no harm to use the aquarium valve to control de water leh.... :retarded:
hehehehe...

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
oooo... ok ok

i tot just can use tiny hose without valve to ensure small quantity of water can get thru.. hehe

hmm... can u show us detail pic of your setting takumi... esp ur "magic bottle"... still wonder why that bottle not kemek after the sucking water process ??

btw.. this is the latest mod on my prev diagram as what u mention... wif valves + T-joint... should this work or not ?

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
fyi, if i forgot to refill de water inside the "magic bottle" of cos will kemek wan..
2-3 times oledy happen liao! hehehehe..
nothing special for de bottle.. point is put de hose at the bottom of de bottle only.
and cut the hose tip 45 degree to make sure can suck de water till booliao.

ur latest mod, ok loo.. but just wondering..
what is de diff wiz my WI? i think.. same rite?
y not just using de same thing? hehehe... or u want to look canggih a bit?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello fellow ZTH-ians:_: I'm having problems with my HID and i couldn't pinpoint the source.. When i switch on my headlamps it would look normal 10000k but after a while the bulb on the right starts to project yellow instead of the normal blue.. Is the ballast damaged or my car voltage is not stabalized? Thanks in advance for the help :regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience