Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
Thinking of getting a kevlar timing belt as well, should I just source from the shops in Sunway? or is there a specific shop that caters for airtreks here in KL? I visited one in Kinrara and saw at least 5 airtreks being serviced/rebuilt there.

Also, I might want to change the bushings on the lower arm bar and anti roll bars, has a dull thud whenever I go over bumps.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Nice trek... looks like a wolf in sheep disguise. Is that E8 motor?

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

You can get the kevlar belts from the shop at Kinrara (if I am not mistaken, it's Ah Wah right?) Too many fake and immitations around, so you gotta be really careful.

Bushings can be changed. I think it'll cost around 800-1K if I am not mistaken. I've asked before.

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
Thanks, yea the shop in Kinrara is Ah Wah's shop, seems like the go-to place for airtrek owners hehe..

Thanks for the info regarding the bushing, appreciate it.

As for my airtrek's engine, I'm not sure whether its an evo 8 engine or evo 7... what I do know is, it's a second engine for this airtrek, the previous owner overheated the engine, so changed it.

By the way, is the Zeroone lightweight crank pulley worth buying? or should I go for the bigger and more expensive JDM tuner brands? (JUN, Tomei, etc etc..)

:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If you have budget, Japanese is the best but locally made ones are fine too. Ah Wah used to sell some custom made last time but I think all sold off.

limaynard

Sep 28, 2012
Sydney / NSW
If anyone wants to learn how to reflash their Airtrek Turbo then I am prepared to assist with posting up my experience.

Get yourselves a Tacrix Openport 2.0 and ECUFlash and let's do some tuning :-)

cytien

Known Member
Sep 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
where to get tacrix? got other brand also work? I m planning to try to retune my car.
bought a windows tablet d.. looking for cable now..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
It's draught season here. Water at the dam is critically low and water rationing at our household. But I was back hometown and I can't control myself but to shower her. It has been 5 weeks since her last shower. Now looking clean.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
sport spring only ok.. change the shock absorber also ok.. this is actually depends on the condition of your current suspension. if still good, then can just change springs/coils. normally stock absorber doesn't work really well. in a long run, later u need to change absorber.. but then it all depends on ur BUDGET bro..

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

like me i change to HWL adjustable with special request to certain spring rate.. so it doesn't feel too stiff, but still street setup.. now the adjustable absorber need to do servicing as the absorber felt too soft.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros,i just put semi lock lsd in my gb and having prob to find drive shaft left & right.
Any ideas from what kinds of drive shaft i can use similar with E3 semi lsd drive shaft.Tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience