Your experience with Airtrek...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Not many Airtrekers come here anymore. I thought I should start a thread about writing how you feel about your Airtrek or ex-Airtrek (if you have sold yours)... do share your experience and ownership.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I'll start off. I bought my Airtrek in 2009, used. The car was bone stock made in 2003. Not a single modification. From audio to engine to drive terrain. Car dealer claimed that the car was still using the original paint, but I do notice that some parts of the front and rear bumper + rear hatch were repainted. Maybe skin-deep accidents.

After 2 weeks owning it, I sent for timing belt replacement + installing a MBC (manual boost controller). There's when I increased the boost from stock 0.6 bar to 0.9 bar. I was a happy boy back then. Mods started coming in. Intercooler piping, original HKS BOV, exhaust tip, rims, front bumper lip (custom made), lowering Eibach coils, 4 pots Sumitomo front brakes from Toyota Soarer and basic mods. That was so called Stage 1. I was happy and using it for quite a long time. About 1.5-2 years.

Then Stage 2 begun over a span of 3rd to 5th year. I opted to get FMIC, TD05 from Evo 7, Evo 6 cams, Evo 9 injectors, Evo 5 head with port polished (after timing belt snapped and replaced the entire head), HKS down pipe, N1 straight pipe muffler, Walbro fuel pump, Works Engineering fuel regulator and many more which I can't even recall. Then I did a dyno tune which up from 170+ whp (boost adjusted back to 0.6 bar for base dyno) to 260whp + 350Nm wtq with 1.5 bar of boost. I was again a happy boy. 0-100 was 5.9 secs on D (check youtube video keyword stutzedward airtrek).

The car was great. Lotsa space, powerful and it's like a wagon. Loved it very much. Well, what makes me gave up this beauty was because of aging problems. Each week, a new problems came up, one after another. After I fix one, something new popped up. I am old and could no longer bear with spending time at the mechanic and worse, it became unreliable.

I have missed it dearly though... I can write a lot more but that's all for today. :)

Attachments

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hahaha... yes, I miss my Airtrek. This car seems to have a soul... newer cars these days with so many automated feature seems so lifeless. About the consideration of buying another 4G63T to play, highly unlikely. I really want to feel the newer generation of performance ride like A45 or Golf GTi. However... with other priorities in life (both kids going to university next year), it is not wise to add more commitment to life just because of something 'nice to have'...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I guess so... when there's no more interesting topic to talk about, couple that they don't own the car anymore, people just don't come here anymore. I guess the 'forum' style discussion is no longer the trend. People like to talk in social media instead.

I'm still using the boring but efficient HRV and of course, I still have the RX8. I spent RM16K last year to repair and tune it, I'll keep it for another 3-5 years. At least when I crave for need for speed, I still have something to quench my thirst.

So bro, what is your current ride?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Still with my VR2....lol
Wife having a Subaru Forester which doubles as the family car.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I guess so... when there's no more interesting topic to talk about, couple that they don't own the car anymore, people just don't come here anymore. I guess the 'forum' style discussion is no longer the trend. People like to talk in social media instead.

I'm still using the boring but efficient HRV and of course, I still have the RX8. I spent RM16K last year to repair and tune it, I'll keep it for another 3-5 years. At least when I crave for need for speed, I still have something to quench my thirst.

So bro, what is your current ride?

rx8... do bridge port on it... that thing screams on higher rev range....

:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear zth forrumers,

I have obtained a corolla KE70 with standard 4age engine. All legal in the eyes of JPJ and Puspakom.
I gonna buy a 4AGZE engine from a halfcut shop and gonna swap out the existing 4AGE.
Later, will send the car to have it checked/approved by the authorities.

The question is, how do I sell the entire 4AGE engine with with legal documents (that I don't have)
so that the 4AGE engine can be installed to the car of the new owner?

Do I need to go JPJ and ask for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience