Seg ae101 digital a/c button blinking?????

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Sounds like electrical control unit malfunction rather than mechanical.
Try swap in another A/C control module. It is located somewhere near to the blower fan.

maxtrust

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Levin818
Ya only AC control module haven change i suspect it also but my forman currently don't have the same model.
He told me got 3 different type, the 1 he has not same model tested the ac does not cut at all but compressor super boiling.
last few days has change alot of things to troubleshoot but still haven found the dam culprit.

Item change to troubleshoot last few days.
2 unit compressor chop shot
2 unit direct take from halfcut out
2 valve
change new condenser

Total item change for troubleshoot till now 5 compressor 3 condenser 2 filter/dryer 3 valve. ??gas refill

consult 3 different AC shop all say compressor 1 say he has this issue b4 after change 4 compressor still no successful the last he change a new condenser thats y we bought a new 1 to test.
some other ac shop say they dont 1 2 touch 20v ac coz alot issue :stupid:

Going to get my car back today coz going back home town this weekend, will only do after CNY.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Usually condenser seldom give problems. Mostly is Compressor, Receiver dryer, expansion valve and lastly the cooling coil. In fact, recently my VR had some issues too, needing to top up gas every 3 months. Since mine is running on the old freon gas system, one air con mechanic change one of the hose and receiver dryer, vacuum and recharged but only lasted 6 months. Went back to my usual mechanic who does my servicing but do air con too, he suspect the condenser. Took out but cannot find replacement as car very old and running old gas system, so he pump petrol in and clean. Vacuum and recharge and now lasted more then a year, so touch wood it remains like that.....:biggrin:

maxtrust

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya i know change to new 1 coz no others thing that can be resolve so 1 of the ac shop guy say he has encounter B4.
also new 1 cannot be refund, the use parts or halfcut unit my foreman can refund it.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
The problem is your A/C compressor reaching higher temp than normal before it get cut off. And because of that, the compressor require longer time to cool down to reach triggering temp.

IMO there is a temp sensor that attach at the compressor responsible to deliver temp signal to the A/C control module. The module will turn off the compressor when the compressor's temp hit the upper limit, and turn on the compressor when the temp hit the lower limit.

Since you have replaced 5 compressor and the problem still remain, the culprit should be from the A/C Control Module.
You either have a wrong module, or your module is faulty.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The problem is your A/C compressor reaching higher temp than normal before it get cut off. And because of that, the compressor require longer time to cool down to reach triggering temp.

IMO there is a temp sensor that attach at the compressor responsible to deliver temp signal to the A/C control module. The module will turn off the compressor when the compressor's temp hit the upper limit, and turn on the compressor when the temp hit the lower limit.

Since you have replaced 5 compressor and the problem still remain, the culprit should be from the A/C Control Module.
You either have a wrong module, or your module is faulty.
Bro. levin, the compressor cut off not by air con cooling coil thermostat? When reach temperature set it cut the compressor from cooling further and switches it back on when temperature goes back up.

maxtrust

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Levin818
Ya only left with the ac control unit dint change, coz have mention before the correct model my forman don't have.
As he mention he only have the levin type model my should be wagon type which is the show in pic.
1 of the ac guy ask to modify the original thermostat to others to let it cut more often so that the compressor won't over heat but i dont want them to mess-up my original wiring.

vr2turbo
Yes cooling coil thermostat is when the temp reach the coolness it will cut a wile.
At the top of the compressor is monitor the compressor overheat,is like the fail safe switch.

Attachments

maxtrust

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Levin818
You mention that the ac shop fix ur acc issue, can i know what u facing previously? and what did he change to solve it?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Bro. levin, the compressor cut off not by air con cooling coil thermostat? When reach temperature set it cut the compressor from cooling further and switches it back on when temperature goes back up.
Yes the compressor also cut off by cooling coil thermostat, that is when the cabin temp has reach the preset level.
The A/C control module turn off the compressor when the compressor's body temp is too hot. This is so call over heat protection.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Levin818
You mention that the ac shop fix ur acc issue, can i know what u facing previously? and what did he change to solve it?
My previous SVT has aircon gas leaking problem. The R12 gas will gone in within 2 months after refill. And for 20V rotary compressor, if your are running it with low pressure of gas, the rotary blade will worn out and start to give krek krek sound which is irreversable. I have lost 2 compressor because of this leaking problem. My car has been in out many times at my prev aircon guy's workshop, but yet the problem still will come back 2 months later. I even request him to replaced all the O ring but problem still remain.

After that i get refer to Chua by Goodspeed Ah Choy. Chua is actually handle all aircon work for 20V that transplanted at Goodspeed. To my surprise, in just within an hour Chua managed to detect a minor gas leakage at one aircon piping's join. When open up the join he found that my prev aircon guy has gave me a wrong thickness of O ring, an O ring that not for aircon application...

Here are work done at Chua's workshop (those that i still remember):
1) strip down all aircon piping and replace all O ring
2) service the cooling coil + compression test
3) Plug in BT compressor (SVT's have krek krek noise already), and coupling it to existing R12 piping with a R13a-R12 adapter
4) R12 gas refill

After that, the problem never come back

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes the compressor also cut off by cooling coil thermostat, that is when the cabin temp has reach the preset level.
The A/C control module turn off the compressor when the compressor's body temp is too hot. This is so call over heat protection.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

My previous SVT has aircon gas leaking problem. The R12 gas will gone in within 2 months after refill. And for 20V rotary compressor, if your are running it with low pressure of gas, the rotary blade will worn out and start to give krek krek sound which is irreversable. I have lost 2 compressor because of this leaking problem. My car has been in out many times at my prev aircon guy's workshop, but yet the problem still will come back 2 months later. I even request him to replaced all the O ring but problem still remain.

After that i get refer to Chua by Goodspeed Ah Choy. Chua is actually handle all aircon work for 20V that transplanted at Goodspeed. To my surprise, in just within an hour Chua managed to detect a minor gas leakage at one aircon piping's join. When open up the join he found that my prev aircon guy has gave me a wrong thickness of O ring, an O ring that not for aircon application...

Here are work done at Chua's workshop (those that i still remember):
1) strip down all aircon piping and replace all O ring
2) service the cooling coil + compression test
3) Plug in BT compressor (SVT's have krek krek noise already), and coupling it to existing R12 piping with a R13a-R12 adapter
4) R12 gas refill

After that, the problem never come back
Oh! did not know there is a control fail safe on the compressor overheating also...:rolleyes:

On your second part, running on low gas pressure, mine have a sensor at the receiver dryer and when on low gas it cuts the compressor from running....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone, im using hwl adjustables on my turbo wira.
the rear springs are too hard/bumpy. front/rear rates are 8/4

is it possible to change the rear springs to softer ones ? can be bought seperately ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience