Satria Neo CPS problem

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
Nope. I know that was the right thing to do..but almost all of them who used hicam for cps said there was no need to install any of those upgrade..bcoz they said that the cam was made with hi duration, not hi lift..some more the valve clearance is automatically adjusted since it is using hydraulic lifter, right? I did not use hi comp piston n on the second time it happened, the rpm was only 2500..btw i didnt install it myself..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Nope. I know that was the right thing to do..but almost all of them who used hicam for cps said there was no need to install any of those upgrade..bcoz they said that the cam was made with hi duration, not hi lift..some more the valve clearance is automatically adjusted since it is using hydraulic lifter, right? I did not use hi comp piston n on the second time it happened, the rpm was only 2500..btw i didnt install it myself..

must be something wrong somewhere for it to fail...

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi fellow neo owners, I would appreciate your advise regarding misaligned front bonnet and rear boot. Has anybody faced this issues before regarding the satria neo cps?

If i go to any SC (authorized) would they be able to solve/replace the following misaligned items? Also, the stock air intake box seems to be rubbing against the hood which has cause some scratches towards it...sigh.

PS: Car is totally new and stock sad.gif

neocps30

Oct 24, 2014
perak
Hello sifu..my car neo cps hard to start..but sometime ok..I already change spark plug and check all condition used scan tools at sc but they cant solve the problem..u all got same problem too? Kindly assist..

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

even it didnt alter the lift, regrind or even new cam might have difference lobe height from original cam..should adjust clearance..

and ive heard regarding running-in camshaft...certain period in high rpm and certain on low rpm..
and also proper lubrication during installation...

might also check for timing...

Hi fellow neo owners, I would appreciate your advise regarding misaligned front bonnet and rear boot. Has anybody faced this issues before regarding the satria neo cps?

If i go to any SC (authorized) would they be able to solve/replace the following misaligned items? Also, the stock air intake box seems to be rubbing against the hood which has cause some scratches towards it...sigh.

PS: Car is totally new and stock sad.gif
those are the quality/assembly problem...cant do much...
need to ignore..

yes, the intake box cause rubbing under the hood insulation...nothing to worry...plastic to rubber...

Hello sifu..my car neo cps hard to start..but sometime ok..I already change spark plug and check all condition used scan tools at sc but they cant solve the problem..u all got same problem too? Kindly assist..
i dont have the same problem...

but when it happen to me, surely the battery have low voltage...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
if your battery is fine then go to a proton sc with very exp tech and retune the ecu.it has something to do with mixture if not mistaken.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site

blowing out engine? describe this : melted piston? bent conrod? blown block? cylinder head knocked off from block? bent valves? which one?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Gunnerz r u got same problem too? Tq for ur advise..
just sharing experience.
some other famous problem is slight jerking from 2.5k to 4k rpm.
again,tuning..its very minimal but if u r sensitive u cam feel it.

on misalign front hood,never encounter it.
can be diy if u r patient enough.

neocps30

Oct 24, 2014
perak
just sharing experience.
some other famous problem is slight jerking from 2.5k to 4k rpm.
again,tuning..its very minimal but if u r sensitive u cam feel it.

on misalign front hood,never encounter it.
can be diy if u r patient enough.
How much cost need to tuning the ecu? yes, i can feel jerking on 3rd n 4rd gear..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
How much cost need to tuning the ecu? yes, i can feel jerking on 3rd n 4rd gear..
last time it was rm90.
make friend with the front desk staff and u might got it cheaper as they dont open a workorder.
sort of duit kopi only.
best part is it wont take long.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
CPS jerking problem will gone if u install additional grounding cable. Happened to my CPS before, take out fuel-pump test it outside and it function perfectly. Install back, bring to my trusted wshop, changed plug cable (Bosch red color RM90), the jerking reduce but still there. DIY, grounding cable using welding-set cable (since i dont believe with those accessories shop cable). Connecting from negative terminal to firewall, alternator to firewall, and cylinder head (near coil) to -ve terminal and the jerking problem gone.

neocps30

Oct 24, 2014
perak
CPS jerking problem will gone if u install additional grounding cable. Happened to my CPS before, take out fuel-pump test it outside and it function perfectly. Install back, bring to my trusted wshop, changed plug cable (Bosch red color RM90), the jerking reduce but still there. DIY, grounding cable using welding-set cable (since i dont believe with those accessories shop cable). Connecting from negative terminal to firewall, alternator to firewall, and cylinder head (near coil) to -ve terminal and the jerking problem gone.
I already install grounding cable but still got same problem jerking on 3rd n 4rd gear
Today I send my car to SC to reflash and retune ECU..
Waiting for happy news from my friend after done tuning..hehe :biggrin::driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I already install grounding cable but still got same problem jerking on 3rd n 4rd gear
Today I send my car to SC to reflash and retune ECU..
Waiting for happy news from my friend after done tuning..hehe :biggrin::driver:
maybe u need welding cable like bro c99 said.
anyway,i did try grounding + vs on a 2 yrs old cps before.
not much difference,maybe i was using cheap cable or wrong gnd point taken.

btw,any time u send it to sc for tuning u should explain in detail the problem or what u want as diffenrect ecu has different capability to be tuned.

neocps30

Oct 24, 2014
perak
Wanna ask all the Neo CPS bros here. Got times where my car is hard to start. usually after i have a drive around then stop the engine. Then when want to start it the engine just keep on jerking but cant start. after 2nd to 3rd time turning the key then finally it start. Brought my car to the SC and they cant find any problem as the car starts smoothly when they tried it. Anyone knows what the problem is? My car is less than 4 months old. Thanks.
dyruho r u have settle this problem?
becoz my car got problem same like u..
Kindly shared with me..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Furthest left,original dull state
Middle area (darker side) - Meguiars Gold class Vinyl detailer
right side - cleaned by Meguiars APC with brushes & quick detail Meguiars Gold class Vinyl detailer

conclusion only a clean surface bringing up brillant shine on the dash

the detail...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience