RWD and 4WD

' xZ "

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Puchong
just curious, if same car model, which can swtich from RWD to 4WD, whice have same bhp and everything the same. weight also same.
which one will have better pick up and high speed?
im asking this on toyota hilux, coz when i switch it to 4WD i can feel it's not that powerful than RWD.
can anyone explain here?

dreamguy2006

Feb 25, 2006
Why do u want to go for this vehicle, in the first place? :)
I am just wondering..some people wants to have this vehicle but just using this vehicle to go to the office...:)

' xZ "

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Puchong
dreamguy2006 said:
Why do u want to go for this vehicle, in the first place? :)
I am just wondering..some people wants to have this vehicle but just using this vehicle to go to the office...:)
whats wrong with driving this car ? i dont get it..
there are people who drives a evo or skyline or even a scooby to work also.. :Not_Impressed:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Simple reasoning... a 2 wheel drive car would always give u more on whp... why because there is less power loss because u are only driving 2 wheels.... why is there 4 wheel drive.. because we want better traction.. simple as that... the wheels needed to be driven.. the more lost

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
its simple..when u switch to 4wd mode, more power loss due to mechanical friction compared to rwd mode..in 4wd mode, the power from the engine have to be transfered to front and rear wheel via two driveshaft, one for the rear and one to the front thus more moving part, more friction, and more power needed to overcome the friction to move the front and rear tyre..in rwd mode, the power are transfered only to rear tyre, via one driveshaft only, hence less moving part and less power needed to ovecome the friction..that just it..

just my 2 cent

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
There is nothing wrong driving evo or 4x4 to office nowadays. Ppl are more aware of their car and the image they are projecting. Cars today are kinda lifestyle statement and the status the car owner wish to project....Long gone is the era when everyone owned a Ford T-model.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
ken yeang said:
There is nothing wrong driving evo or 4x4 to office nowadays. Ppl are more aware of their car and the image they are projecting. Cars today are kinda lifestyle statement and the status the car owner wish to project....Long gone is the era when everyone owned a Ford T-model.
yeah, and one person from my home town powered his commonrail turbo hilux with his home-brewed biodiesel from used cooking oil, and made it to the paper. the news said he had been going around town looking for these unwanted supply of cooking oil (kfc.. kopitiam..) and bring them home for processing.

me no expert in this field but he say something about putting methanol or something inside the oil to brake down the particle into two parts, one part for the car, another part used to make sabun lol..

and best of all no modification to his hilux.. wonder what the exhaust smell like.. fried chicken? and best of all, the new hilux is not only gorgeous but can bring engine around too (which i have abit of problem with when wan transport my 4ag to my mech =P)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... suv cars are getting more and more popular... nothing wrong with that... even suv car manufacturers realise that modern suv arent meant for offroad driving, hence they change the drivetrain to rwd for more fuel efficient and power...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I understand this trying to project an image...yadda, yadda...lifestyle statement thing. But, I still think it is bonkers to buy a pickup truck when you are only ever going to drive it around town. The cons you have to life with just so you can have your "lifestyle statement", is it really worth it? But then if driving it brings a smile to your face then I guess it is justified. But if it's just so people can see you driving one then you are mad.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I had a fren last time who asked whether a purchase of 4x4 pickup truck be a good idea to drive around town. After numerous reasons given to him (mostly the disadvantages) he decided to follow his heart (life style mar) than his head. After driving the hulk for half a year and facing endless parking problem, he decided to ditch the truck and went back to a sedan.....Ppl must experience it themselves to be convinced, so talk is just rubbish for some ppl.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Don't know abt u guys but whenever I drove my dad's Landcruiser VX, parking is never a problem. I just drove up the curb n park there.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Ninja Turtle abit hard to park at times. But come kerbs and traffic jams hehehe......
But somehow parking a 4wd is so much easier coz of the shape, easier with the bigger mirrors and if u know what u're doing u can park in the most awkward of angles. It would be nicer if newer 4wds are taller and has less stupid overhangs that limite clearance and departure angles. Better still if they are all bob tailed and run portal axles.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,
It has been over a year and 8 or 9 months since I last shared my epic journeys. So before we move on to the detailing journeys, let me share with all of you.... oldbies and newbies on what I have been doing during the long hiatus.

First off...... I went and fulfilled one of my dreams which is to hike up Mount Kinabalu to see sunrise.

Then upon returning..... I got myself a really...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience