parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
You can paint the exterior, but if the joint is at the pillar the interior cannot paint, and rust can come from there.

I did try to save the roof. When I saw small bubbles came out, I had them rectified. My spray painter grind it down to bare metal from the top, paint anti rust, putty, primer and paint. For the interior he remove the roof cloth and scrap out the gum, grind out to bare metal. paint anti rust paint, gum back with different gum, and paint and hook up back the roof cloth lining. It worked for 6 months or so only, then the small bubbles were back. I Intended to keep but since the bubbles came back, sold off.......lol
Not sure how other cars are done but on my mum wira, only the roof panel is replaced. Basically its just a piece of sheet metal thus no cutting and rewelding of the pillar.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Not sure how other cars are done but on my mum wira, only the roof panel is replaced. Basically its just a piece of sheet metal thus no cutting and rewelding of the pillar.
depends on which area was cut up. sometimes its cut by the c pillar, that one, xtaulah lazy ke ape, they dont tend to strip everything and paint from the inside

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah! yours change the top layer only, many they chop and change the whole roof......

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You referring to Brake servo, right? Should be double layer, just check whether there is space to go in, but be careful, as without ABS when brakes become too strong it might lock easily.....

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
You referring to Brake servo, right? Should be double layer, just check whether there is space to go in, but be careful, as without ABS when brakes become too strong it might lock easily.....
Sorry to sound stupid. I tot wira doesn't come with abs in 2001.
Ok,noted I will check out for those thing. The braking is really rubbish. Even going 70kmh and you hit the brake but the car feels doesn't want to stop.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ok,noted I will check out for those thing. The braking is really rubbish. Even going 70kmh and you hit the brake but the car feels doesn't want to stop.

Year 96. ABS goes here. To be fair, very few Wiras had ABS back then

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe you can try upgrading the pads first. Try Trestor Advantage pads, they are back in the market.....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Will check them out. My friend bringing a Evo 3 brake pump for me now waiting him to come back. Will try to see does it fit or not.
Check brake oil, bleed. If still soft after 2-3 days, then can decide upgrade evo3 brake servo.
check/change brake pads too. Brake servo wont help if down line not working properly.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Check brake oil, bleed. If still soft after 2-3 days, then can decide upgrade evo3 brake servo.
check/change brake pads too. Brake servo wont help if down line not working properly.
Brake MLM ah?....lol
Yah, if some cheap pads, no friction at all....

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
as i know all C97 doesn't has ABS. Only the C99 like Putra, Wira 1.8 and Satria GTi has ABS.

Year 96. ABS goes here. To be fair, very few Wiras had ABS back then
is this ori Wira ABS? or you mod?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche have taken the driving trials of their development hybrid super sports car one step further with the completion of the first batch of prototypes. Porsche says all plans are on-track for the 918 Spyder to go into production by September 2013, with the first customers receiving their cars before 2013 is over.

The camouflage you see in these press images...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience