<RM100 engine oil

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Im currently using PAKELO 5/40 for both mine n my missus's car..for 150 (5litres) I think it's a good bargain..besides find it quite smooth n my tappet sound reduced a lot..x know bout performance tho :)...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The problem with oils like Pakelo and Ravenol is that they come only in 5L bottles and the 1L bottles aren't priced competitively. 5L means a guaranteed 1.5L wastage every service for me. Old leftover oil I would never use for a new oil change. Probably keep it all for a flush or buy 2 5L bottles and service 3 cars all at the same time.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
After 1 day, engine hangus dy.
But many said taxi drivers have been using it for a long time! :o
cooking oil is very thin, that's the reason why there's still ppl using it, but i can't imagine that french fries smells in the engine bay :biggrin:

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
The problem with oils like Pakelo and Ravenol is that they come only in 5L bottles and the 1L bottles aren't priced competitively. 5L means a guaranteed 1.5L wastage every service for me. Old leftover oil I would never use for a new oil change. Probably keep it all for a flush or buy 2 5L bottles and service 3 cars all at the same time.
i actually wish some bottles were 5L so that the extra 1L i can use for my kapchai HAHAHAHHAHA

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
minyak saji FTW :nurse:
This has been proven to work and all that. But remember what engine oil does for the engine.

1. It lubricates.
2. It cleans the engine of acidic by-products and varnish.
3. It removes gunk and junk (fully syn).
4. It cools the engine to a certain extent.

I've heard of reports of people using cooking oil for 4000km or more, and when the oil comes out it's the same colour as when it went in. That's not good. There's a reason why oil comes out thick like honey or black like charcoal when changing oil.

So if you're on french fries oil, good luck to the longevity of your engine.

i actually wish some bottles were 5L so that the extra 1L i can use for my kapchai HAHAHAHHAHA
Got la. Ravenol is a group V based oil. Good shit. Expensive too. 5L and usually is the OEM oil for Mercs in Europe.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello everyone. May i know wat carb are these? i got it from my uncle, he said its taken from his old gtv. but as i know gtv uses webber. this doesnt look like webber. pls help. thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience