Re Club [rotary Engine Cars]

yOkOmO

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Bandar Sunway
www.d1-10rc.com
13btt said:
What model do you have FC or FD?? This would be a good starting point. Later we plan to have a classifieds section for RE owners to buy & sell their RE specific parts & accessories so this should help with sourcing replacements.
My RX-7 is FD...pls anyone let me know how can i solve this matter...thanx

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
are you in kl? if yes then lets try to change out and see if it works.

yOkOmO

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Bandar Sunway
www.d1-10rc.com
My location subang jaya...anybody can meet me up to test the power window switch...i really need 2 get this fix a.s.a.p. Asked few workshop for the switch they still can't provide me with a new one or working condition secondhand unit. Do call 0162786158 to help me out...thanx :cool:

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
EVO-Z said:
if my car is FD or FC
BUT IS ON SR20DET
CAN JOIN OR NOT
You sound a little confused...or perhaps I am confused.

Your "car" has a nissan sr20det (nice engine) and is part FC and part FD?? Most likely you are either an FC or FD which izzit?

Well..the RE Club is supposed to be mainly for rotary engine powered cars (jeepers can't believe you got rid of the best part of the RX!!) but maybe we can make an exception... I will consult with the club founding members on their views and get back to you.

Thanks for your interest in our activities...

Last edited:

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
To all Re sifu!

im planing to get a FD but i'll like to cov it to a 20B engine
N i like to know how much wil it cost me!?

engine 20B how much wil it cost n can i get in malaysian?
wat gear box should i use?
if im not wrong the 20b auto gearbox...?:confused:

thank you all rotory sifu......

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Howdy Aibon,

That was always my intention but first off you must know exactly what you want. If its power then you have alternatives with the existing engine. The technical support here for the 13b engine now has reached a point where it is acceptable not good but acceptable. The availability of Technical data in english is another plus point for 13b. Sad to say there is almost no technical data available in English for 20b. Besides having another rotor there are several more vast differences that will require you to have strong knowledge to troubleshoot.

My calculations in the beginning was approximately 30-40k as you need to buy the halfcut (a good unit would be about 10-15k) You will need the halfcut and complete wiring loom to use all functions. Another 8-10 for aftermarket FC. Engine Bay Brace Fabrication - 2-3k. Strengtening body structure 2k. Installation 2k. About another 5k in spare change as there will be a LOT and trust me when i say a LOT of small things you'll have to buy. In the US the 20b conversion cost about 15-20k USD. Rest assured if its done by cutting conners then you'll really never have a reliable car.

PutraX_Choong

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
New FC owner !

Hey guys iam new here i just acquired a FC year 89 model , how do i check what rotary engine am i running on ?

What are the regular engine stuff that i must look after ??? And whats the mileage for a full tank ? RM and KM .

Would like to meet u guys for TT need to know more about my FC .

Did not get the car because of initial-D lolzz ! Trying to get one a few years back finnally got it.

Cheerss ...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Congratulations on your purchase matey. There are a couple of good places to acquire information bout the fc3s eg. rx7club.com and nopistons.com Check these places out for general information. With regards to looking after your engine, pretty much how you look after pistons. SOme points to follow.

1) Regular engine oil change
2) Change out fluids (probably never done by previous owner)
a.Diff
b.Tranny
c.Radiator (use only distilled water,coolant and Redline Water Wetter)

3) Considering the main problem with rotary is cooling i'd suggest you keep a close eye that.
4) Some gauges would help. Unlike ricers, the rotary can definitely do with gauges especially;
a) Boost (if you're running turbo)
b) Water Temp
c) Oil Temp
d) Oil Pressure
The list just goes on i suppose.

Mileage really depends on the condition of your engine. On the FD i get approx 200km from RM50. Still not tuned yet so hopefully with some tuning i'd see some difference.

Are you going to join us for the Frasier's Hill Drive? You should come and meet with other RE owners to learn more bout your car and ways you can mantain her. Keep us posted. And before i forget - Welcome To The Club Mate!!

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
phat7 said:
Howdy Aibon,

That was always my intention but first off you must know exactly what you want. If its power then you have alternatives with the existing engine. The technical support here for the 13b engine now has reached a point where it is acceptable not good but acceptable. The availability of Technical data in english is another plus point for 13b. Sad to say there is almost no technical data available in English for 20b. Besides having another rotor there are several more vast differences that will require you to have strong knowledge to troubleshoot.

My calculations in the beginning was approximately 30-40k as you need to buy the halfcut (a good unit would be about 10-15k) You will need the halfcut and complete wiring loom to use all functions. Another 8-10 for aftermarket FC. Engine Bay Brace Fabrication - 2-3k. Strengtening body structure 2k. Installation 2k. About another 5k in spare change as there will be a LOT and trust me when i say a LOT of small things you'll have to buy. In the US the 20b conversion cost about 15-20k USD. Rest assured if its done by cutting conners then you'll really never have a reliable car.

hi phat7...

thanks for the info.....i have a budget on this cov man.....im planing to drift this car....
so i really need a very reliable car....

any idea? guys.....

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
aibon dude,

if reliability you're looking for and you have the budget i'd definitely use the fd 13b engine. Parts in abundance and we have our own inhouse engine rebuilding facility ;)

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
phat7 said:
aibon dude,

if reliability you're looking for and you have the budget i'd definitely use the fd 13b engine. Parts in abundance and we have our own inhouse engine rebuilding facility ;)

k! phat7 dude....i'll think abt it....im thinking wat if i get this car to drift and will spent the time to play with it or fix it most of the time....(im sorry) but i got this idea that the rotory cant last long n u cant over rev it........

PutraX_Choong

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
phat7 said:
Congratulations on your purchase matey. There are a couple of good places to acquire information bout the fc3s eg. rx7club.com and nopistons.com Check these places out for general information. With regards to looking after your engine, pretty much how you look after pistons. SOme points to follow.

1) Regular engine oil change
2) Change out fluids (probably never done by previous owner)
a.Diff
b.Tranny
c.Radiator (use only distilled water,coolant and Redline Water Wetter)

3) Considering the main problem with rotary is cooling i'd suggest you keep a close eye that.
4) Some gauges would help. Unlike ricers, the rotary can definitely do with gauges especially;
a) Boost (if you're running turbo)
b) Water Temp
c) Oil Temp
d) Oil Pressure
The list just goes on i suppose.

Mileage really depends on the condition of your engine. On the FD i get approx 200km from RM50. Still not tuned yet so hopefully with some tuning i'd see some difference.

Are you going to join us for the Frasier's Hill Drive? You should come and meet with other RE owners to learn more bout your car and ways you can mantain her. Keep us posted. And before i forget - Welcome To The Club Mate!!

Oh ok ill keep an eye on those things u mentioned ! I just hope the car doesnt break down alot (seen alot of FC's on the emergency lane with thier hood poped up) . Its gona be my everyday car from now on ...

Well ill try to make it for the Fraser Hill trip , have an exam during the 2nd week of july ! Hope to meet u guys soon . Thanks for the info phat7

Cheersss

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Aibon dude,

Please feel free to rev the rotary hard. the engine loves high revs!! Provided you have a strong engine you'd be having endless fun.

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
phat7 said:
Aibon dude,

Please feel free to rev the rotary hard. the engine loves high revs!! Provided you have a strong engine you'd be having endless fun.

wah....reallly....wont it explode?
to rebuild an engine how much would it cost?
(must be very reliable)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i found a pair of Subaru impreza stock semi bucket seats, thinking of fitting them in my kenari. After measuring, the impreza seat original bracket is more less same as kenari bracket. just minor difference. Question is, must i use weiding to even out the difference, or i could just use thick metal plates cut fit to size and use nuts and bolts instead of welding? Thx!! i thinking of Diy install. if using nuts and bolts just fine i could just proceed install myself.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience